Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

New Thai restaurant coming

no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

New Thai restaurant coming

by James Natsis » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:12 pm

I just returned from a bicycle ride during which I discovered a sign in the window of the now defunct Chinese restaurant in front of Glenmary on Bardstown Rd. just south of the Gene Snyder. It read "True Thai Restaurant Coming Soon." This is truly good news for us folk living out that way. Today I went to Dakshum for lunch and had to walk back out it was so crowded. A viable Thai restaurant will be a welcomed sight.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Mari B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:38 am

Re: New Thai restaurant coming

by Mari B » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:29 pm

I saw it too :) I wonder if it has opened yet! We just moved from Chicago, so I'm def. looking for new places to try. I'm curious if they have sushi?? I didn't see a number to call, and can't seem to find them online anywhere.
no avatar
User

Kyle L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 30, 2008 10:47 am

Highview

by Kyle L » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:55 pm

Is this the same shopping center as Outback on Bardstown Rd? Near the Pizza Hut and Subway?
no avatar
User

Mari B

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Mari B » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:00 pm

I know its right there in that area, not sure if its the same center though. It is right before you hit that school that looks like a castle.
no avatar
User

Josh J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:50 pm

by Josh J » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:13 pm

I ate there today. It was pretty good. I am personally a huge fan of Simply Thai, but this is a good replacement for when I don't want to drive from Mt Washington to St Matthews. And I would return there without hesitation.
no avatar
User

Mari B

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Mari B » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:15 pm

@JoshJ (Sorry typo @ wrong person before) Thanks for letting us know! Do you know if they have sushi??
Last edited by Mari B on Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:21 pm

Mari,

Welcome to Louisville!
If you are looking for sushi in that part of town, go to Sake Blue ( which is just on the other side of the Gene Snyder). Great place, fantastic sushi! Read the reviews on the Off-line we did there by doing a search on "Sake Blue".

DEb
no avatar
User

Mari B

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Mari B » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

@ Deb Thanks for the welcome and tip :) I'll def. look into it! I love sushi, and ethnic food, and it looks like we moved to the right place.
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:38 pm

Welcome to the forum, Josh and Mari!
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Josh J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:50 pm

by Josh J » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:12 pm

I did not see sushi. It appeared everything was just getting started so they may have it in the future but it did not appear they have sushi right now.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:45 am

Josh J wrote:I did not see sushi. It appeared everything was just getting started so they may have it in the future but it did not appear they have sushi right now.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't say that Thai restaurants normally have sushi, which, after all, is Japanese. Simply Thai has always had sushi as an added attraction, but that's unusual. And, of course, delicious!
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:10 pm

I had lunch there this afternoon. I had a thai tea, small bowl of soup, and Gang Mussamun. It was all good with the Gang dish being just about right on the spicy scale. The lunch portion was also quite generous. My total with tax was $9.00 (+ tip). The owner has been in Louisville for 15 rs, 6 of which she worked at Thai Siam (Gardner Ln). She explained that the former Chinese place was all carry out so she invested quite a bit in a dish washer, dishes, etc. for eat in dining ambience. I think they will do very well in evening carryout as the Mt. Washingtonians and Glen Marians come home hungry after work. .....Bring cash for the time being until they get their credit card service working.............And finally, somebody inquired about the exact location. It is indeed next to Subway. Pizza Hut and Outback in the Glenmary Plaza 1 mile south of the Snyder on Bardstown. This is a good sign for Louisville as the "good ethnic eats" spread further out!
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Bob Kiper

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:26 pm

by Bob Kiper » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:18 pm

Hope they do well in this shopping center----the center has had bad luck in the past.
Tasty food should do the trick. Good luck to a new food service store. :D
no avatar
User

Mari B

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Mari B » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:53 am

Hopefully it helps! I would love to see more ethnic restaurants around this location!
no avatar
User

Bob Kiper

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:26 pm

by Bob Kiper » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:48 pm

Had dinner there tonite. Food was very good, with alot of tasty spices--------WILL RETURN, but most likely will order carry out.