Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Kaelin's

no avatar
User

Patrick Kelting

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:39 pm

The Burbs

Kaelin's

by Patrick Kelting » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:05 pm

My Cintas rep told me the Kaelin's location will be reopening Tues. 7/14 as Mulligan's Bar & Grill. She had no info about the menu, but she said the place has been remodeled and looks great. Anybody know anything else?
no avatar
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

Re: Kaelin's

by Kurt R. » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:19 pm

Hate to hear you use Cintas. Local restaurants please consider using local vendors.
Creation Garden
Grass Hopper
Blue Fin
Universal Linen
Superior Meats
Irish Hill
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

Patrick Kelting

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:39 pm

The Burbs

by Patrick Kelting » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:03 pm

I've dealt with Universal for years & just recently made the switch to Cintas. The problem was service, or lack there of. Also, Universal is not a local home-grown company.
My original post was to find any info about this new venture; not to be chided for not helping to keep Louisville weird.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:19 pm

Patrick Kelting wrote:any info about this new venture

News to me, but sounds like GOOD news, Patrick. I hope someone with the True Facts will help yank this topic back on course. I wonder if it's an Irish mulligan or a golfing mulligan? ;)
no avatar
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

by Lonnie Turner » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:33 pm

I drove by there at 5:30 this afternoon and the only sign is still the old Kaelin's neon shingle, not lit up of course. From the outside it does look like something has been going on but aren't they going to put up a sign so people driving in the area would, like, know? It would be great to see life in the old place.
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:55 pm

"please wave" sign gone?
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:21 pm

I drove by on Sunday and did see the "Mulligan's" logo stenciled at the tops of the windows.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Kyle L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 30, 2008 10:47 am

Highview

by Kyle L » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:07 pm

I have heard similar rumblings about Kaelins opening up as another place for a couple weeks, but was not able to provide details. I wish them luck.
no avatar
User

Scott Rudd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:59 am

St. Matthews

by Scott Rudd » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:02 am

It is reopening as Mulligans. The interior has been redone with a great new island style bar. Nice wood paneling surrounds the place. They have done quite a bit of work bring it to current standards. I have not seen the whole menu as of yet but, know they are still planning on having a great cheese burger as well as having pizza. They are hoping to be open by this weekend.
Scott W. Rudd-Restaurant Design
Chef Supply
"We Supply the Pros"
502-693-0636
no avatar
User

Rob_DeLessio

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:25 pm

by Rob_DeLessio » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:58 pm

Kurt R. wrote:Hate to hear you use Cintas. Local restaurants please consider using local vendors.
Creation Garden
Grass Hopper
Blue Fin
Universal Linen
Superior Meats
Irish Hill

There are other local vendors you don't list...how odd.
no avatar
User

Rob_DeLessio

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:25 pm

by Rob_DeLessio » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:00 am

Scott Rudd wrote:It is reopening as Mulligans. The interior has been redone with a great new island style bar. Nice wood paneling surrounds the place. They have done quite a bit of work bring it to current standards. I have not seen the whole menu as of yet but, know they are still planning on having a great cheese burger as well as having pizza. They are hoping to be open by this weekend.

Pretty dead on.....these people have the right program in place....they have an awesome menu, topnotch ingredients and very savvy minds running the ship....Mulligan's looks to open tomorrow night around 7 pm....then rock it out for Agnes' picnic and go from there......it is a huge venue that could absolutely blow up...I am so excited.
no avatar
User

Reagan H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:52 am

Keepin on the Sunny Side, Always on the Sunny Side

by Reagan H » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:08 pm

Has anyone been to the new Mulligan's yet? One of the owners was in today and he said they were slammed. Any experiences?
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:45 am

by Caroline K » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:23 am

Went last night with a group and it was very crowded for just opening! We were there from 6-8 and had several beers-Strongbow Cider and a Stella plus a few apps which were just simple and good. Staff was very friendly! The new bar is pretty cool and certainly makes the ole Kaelin's look different. We will go back! :D
no avatar
User

Kyle L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 30, 2008 10:47 am

Highview

by Kyle L » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:26 am

Would anyone happen to know whether or not Mulligans has a Website?
no avatar
User

Adam Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:42 pm

by Adam Smith » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:36 pm

My folks went there for dinner tonight. Mom's burger came out raw and dad's fish was cold, but they quickly replaced them and gave them dinner, minus drinks, on the house. They said it wasn't outstanding food but pretty decent pub grub. I'm sure I'll give them a try soon.
Next