Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Eric Holloman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:31 pm

Re: Barbecue and craft beer pairing. How? When?

by Eric Holloman » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:43 pm

We've had a bottle list for quite a while now and as far as taps go you can ask me pretty much anything. If I don't know the answer then props to you for being the bigger beer geek. We don't have a tap list because we swap beers so often and I like to just ask the customer what type of beer they like and then point them in the right direction. We also just got Great Divide 15th in about five or six days ago. I'm thinking of trying to get a facebook page going so that I can always have an updated list but I've been really busy with work lately. I LOVE BEER. :D Come by anytime, your fist one is on me dude.

and yes we still serve BBQ on Wednesday's but reservations are recommended if you have a large group.

Shawn Vest wrote:Eric,
I have been to the KY BBQ Co. twice and the food was great but, the attention given to your diverse selection of beers was lacking.

What was lacking?
a beer menu (at least covering bottles)
if a draft list is not available, i'd like the server to be able to tell me what is on tap
i like a server who can PUSH beer, offer suggestions, tell me about something new or something that they like, or that goes great with your brisket

i would have loved to have a St Bernardus when i was in last, but no one told me it was on tap :(

no offense intended, but with a selection like yours, you need to show it a little more love

(i'm sure a huge portion of this forum had no clue that you had the Great Divide 15th on tap!!!!)

shawn
"Good people drink good beer" -Hunter S. Thompson-
no avatar
User

Eric Holloman

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Eric Holloman » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:03 pm

no avatar
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:38 am

Downtown

by Paul Mick » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:12 pm

Excellent! I've joined.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."--J.R.R. Tolkien
no avatar
User

Melissa Richards-Person

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 pm

The 'burbs of the Ville

by Melissa Richards-Person » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:09 pm

sweet! I got to be the first woman to join! (For the record, I also like beer, football, hockey and basketball) :D
no avatar
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Downtown

by Paul Mick » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:11 pm

Melissa Richards wrote:(For the record, I also like beer, football, hockey and basketball) :D

Then we definitely have at least one thing in common! (I'll let you guess which :wink: )
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."--J.R.R. Tolkien
no avatar
User

Melissa Richards-Person

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 pm

The 'burbs of the Ville

by Melissa Richards-Person » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:12 pm

Love the idea BTW - put Tom Person (the hubby) and I down! Wed Aug 5th, right?
no avatar
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Downtown

by Paul Mick » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:17 pm

Robin & Mary
Todd Antz
Steve P & Becky
Paul Mick
Roger Baylor
Marsha L
Alan H
John & Anne Hagan
Brian Curl
Gregg Rochman
Kyle L
Joe M
Melissa & Tom
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:18 pm

Melissa Richards wrote:sweet! I got to be the first woman to join! (For the record, I also like beer, football, hockey and basketball) :D

You sure spend a lot of time at Slugger Field and Churchill Downs not to be mentioning baseball or racing. ;)

I'm up with those, and beer and football, assuming of course that we're talking about the beautiful game that the REST of the world calls football ...
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:19 pm

Are we clearly communicating with Eric that a group this size is going to be there on a Wednesday? Just askin' ...

Paul Mick wrote:Robin & Mary
Todd Antz
Steve P & Becky
Paul Mick
Roger Baylor
Marsha L
Alan H
John & Anne Hagan
Brian Curl
Gregg Rochman
Kyle L
Joe M
Melissa & Tom
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:36 pm

Please add my John to the list! :mrgreen:
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Downtown

by Paul Mick » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:41 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Are we clearly communicating with Eric that a group this size is going to be there on a Wednesday? Just askin' ...

I was planning on calling and making a reservation well in advance. However, you do make a good point. Loathe as I am to change to night because of the large turnout, we might have to consider it if they're too full on Wednesdays. What other days might work for people? I'm unfortunately busy on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Robin & Mary
Todd Antz
Steve P & Becky
Paul Mick
Roger Baylor
Marsha L & John
Alan H
John & Anne Hagan
Brian Curl
Gregg Rochman
Kyle L
Joe M
Melissa & Tom
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:49 pm

Paul Mick wrote:Loathe as I am to change the night because of the large turnout, we might have to consider it if they're too full on Wednesdays. What other days might work for people? I'm unfortunately busy on Mondays and Tuesdays.

That's bad news, Paul. I'm busy on Tuesday and Thursday of that week. Why not ask Eric if this is a problem. I think it's pretty safe to say that we'll pull our weight financially, and tip well. I imagine that deal works for them ... ;)
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:13 am

If it becomes necessary to change the date Becky and I are good for ANY evening after August 1st.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Eric Holloman

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Eric Holloman » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:22 am

Friday nights are not real busy for us... We usually have The Vessel playing live and it's an alright turnout... Saturday night would be really cool as far as I know... My boss and I would be very considerate at helping you choose your beers wisely... btw... We just got great lakes burning river and upland double dragonfly on tap...
no avatar
User

Eric Holloman

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Eric Holloman » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:33 am

Robin Garr wrote:Are we clearly communicating with Eric that a group this size is going to be there on a Wednesday? Just askin' ...

Paul Mick wrote:Robin & Mary
Todd Antz
Steve P & Becky
Paul Mick
Roger Baylor
Marsha L
Alan H
John & Anne Hagan
Brian Curl
Gregg Rochman
Kyle L
Joe M
Melissa & Tom

Yeah, I see you're point... Wednesday we try to focus on different Origins... Friday or Saturday night would be great... Not saying we don't do the Q on Wednesday's... It's our chefs "day off" and he does a great job. I think next Wednesday is Asian...
PreviousNext