Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Eric Holloman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:31 pm

Re: Barbecue and craft beer pairing. KBBC Aug. 14

by Eric Holloman » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:24 pm

sweet! sounds good! I'm taking off that night and joining you guys... I will help with the beer selection, Yum!!!
"Good people drink good beer" -Hunter S. Thompson-
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:55 pm

I should be good for the 14th.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Alan H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:37 pm

Highlands

by Alan H » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:20 am

Kinda lost....forgive me, I think Matthew might have asked already, but what time are we looking at ?
Alan Hincks
Overtime Sports Bar and Grille

A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:34 am

Alan H wrote:Kinda lost....forgive me, I think Matthew might have asked already, but what time are we looking at ?

I don't recall that being settled, but I would guess ... 7ish?
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:34 am

What about pricing and options for a non beer drinker (the wife)?

How late can I RSVP?
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:13 pm

JustinHammond wrote:What about pricing and options for a non beer drinker (the wife)?

How late can I RSVP?

I assume we're ordering off the menu, and food is not terribly expensive. They do have soft drinks, tea, and I THINK wine (dunno about booze) in addition to beer.

RSVP? Paul is organizing, but since Eric Holloman from KYBBC is participating, I suspect they can be pretty flexible. :D

Turns out I've got to judge a food-and-booze event at the Fair from 5:30-7:30 Friday, so Mary and I will probably roll in an hour late ourselves. Hope you guys will save us something!
no avatar
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:38 am

Downtown

by Paul Mick » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:30 pm

7 is indeed the time we had originally planned on going.

I'm glad you can make it Roger and Justin.

As for RSVP's, I'm probably going to call them tonight to give them fair warning of the crowd. We could probably still safely add one or two people after that if we need to do so.

Confirmed:
Robin & Mary
Steve P & Becky
Marsha L & John
Alan H
Brian Curl
Melissa & Tom
Matthew D
Eric Holloman
Kyle L
Roger Baylor
Justin Hammond
Paul Mick
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."--J.R.R. Tolkien
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:00 pm

"BBQ and craft beer pairing" made me believe that KBBC was putting together a set menu. Small plates paired with a specific beer. The pairing part will be nearly impossible if everyone if ordering a specific entree. There just won't be much room for tasting the different BBQ'd meats available.

Robin Garr wrote:
JustinHammond wrote:What about pricing and options for a non beer drinker (the wife)?

How late can I RSVP?

I assume we're ordering off the menu, and food is not terribly expensive. They do have soft drinks, tea, and I THINK wine (dunno about booze) in addition to beer.

RSVP? Paul is organizing, but since Eric Holloman from KYBBC is participating, I suspect they can be pretty flexible. :D

Turns out I've got to judge a food-and-booze event at the Fair from 5:30-7:30 Friday, so Mary and I will probably roll in an hour late ourselves. Hope you guys will save us something!
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Matthew D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 am

No Longer Old Louisville

by Matthew D » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:29 pm

Robin Garr wrote: Turns out I've got to judge a food-and-booze event at the Fair from 5:30-7:30 Friday, so Mary and I will probably roll in an hour late ourselves. Hope you guys will save us something!

There are fair events this far in advance of the first day (the 20th)? Weird...
Thinks the frosty mug is the low point in American history.
no avatar
User

Matthew D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 am

No Longer Old Louisville

by Matthew D » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:30 pm

JustinHammond wrote:"BBQ and craft beer pairing" made me believe that KBBC was putting together a set menu. Small plates paired with a specific beer. The pairing part will be nearly impossible if everyone if ordering a specific entree. There just won't be much room for tasting the different BBQ'd meats available.

I was picturing this more as a order from the menu (BBQ and beer), eat, and discuss findings. That would keep the cost down. And keeping the cost down would make me happy. There was a reason I passed on the sushi offline!
Thinks the frosty mug is the low point in American history.
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:14 pm

I've regarded this as a delicious scrum of sorts, with all of us buying and consuming and sharing ideas, then perhaps coming around to the nuts and bolts later, if at all. Informality at first, findings afterward.

Is the KBBC beer list on line?
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Eric Holloman

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Eric Holloman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:25 pm

I'm putting a list together with the beers that we have that I like with our bbq. I will have ABV's and notes of flavors that you should taste... I'm not putting a lot of detail because I believe that takes the fun out of it, but I will have a starting list for you guys to go by. :D and yes we have some house wine, merlot and chard but nothing fancy...
no avatar
User

Eric Holloman

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Eric Holloman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:27 pm

Roger A. Baylor wrote:I've regarded this as a delicious scrum of sorts, with all of us buying and consuming and sharing ideas, then perhaps coming around to the nuts and bolts later, if at all. Informality at first, findings afterward.

Is the KBBC beer list on line?

I have a facebook page up with a recent list on it.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:17 am

Matthew D wrote:There are fair events this far in advance of the first day (the 20th)? Weird...

D'oh. It's Friday, Aug. 21. Never mind!
no avatar
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:38 am

Downtown

by Paul Mick » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:56 pm

Late notice I know, but I just talked to the owner/chef, Dave. He was wondering if we'd be interested in having him roast a pig for us. Apparently he did it for a similar group a week or two ago and they absolutely loved it. He can apparently get pigs of many sizes, so it should be at a fairly reasonable price.

However, if you all just want to order off the menu this time, then he said he would be willing to do it for any of us who are interested in the future. I asked about group sizes, and he said that he could easily go down to a group of 10 people on a small pig.

He also said he would make some kind of small sampler for us so that we could try several different things in addition to what we order if we don't do the pig thing.

Thoughts?
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."--J.R.R. Tolkien
PreviousNext