Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

BBQ & Zin Tasting at Jack's/Equus

no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

BBQ & Zin Tasting at Jack's/Equus

by GaryF » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:40 am

Thought I'd give everyone here a head's up- sounds like it will be a good time.
If you come please say introduce yourself- look for the shiny bald head.

Hit the Sauce at Equus Restaurant with a Barbecue and Wine Tasting
Special Guest Dr. BBQ Makes a House Call

LOUISVILLE, Ky.- Equus Restaurant chef/owner Dean Corbett and Dr. BBQ have the cure for the summertime blues: a barbecue and wine tasting on Wednesday, August 5. Chef Dean Corbett and his culinary team have been busy creating a variety of special barbecue sauces for several different kinds of meat along with red Zinfandel wine pairings. Guests will be able to try each by visiting the tasting stations set up in Jack’s Lounge’s private dining room 5:30 to 8 p.m. Ray Lampe, better known as Dr. BBQ and spokes chef for The Big Green Egg Grill and Smoker, will be making a guest appearance at the event. The cost for the tasting is $35 in advance or $40 at the door, inclusive of tax and tip. Tickets can be purchased at Equus Restaurant or Jack’s Lounge located at 122 Sears Ave. Equus Restaurant and Jack’s Lounge will remain open, serving their regular menu.

“Barbecuing in the summer is just good old fashioned tradition,” said Corbett. “We’ve got a few sauces that have that traditional sweet and tangy finish. We also have been experimenting with fruit and peppers to create some really unique flavors. Our good friend Dr. BBQ is going to join us as we slather these sauces on everything from ribs to mutton.”

As spokes chef for The Big Green Egg Grill and Smoker Dr. BBQ is well known for his grilling expertise. He has published four barbecue cookbooks and is currently working on the fifth. He has appeared on Food Network, E!, CNN and other television networks as well as being featured in Life Magazine and People Magazine. He is presently the executive chef at Southern Hospitality barbecue restaurant in New York.

Each of the tastings will be paired with featured Zinfandels such as Sin Zin from Alexander Valley; Earth, Zen and Fire Zinfandel from Lodi; Sanctuary Zinfandel; Four Vines selections including “the Maverick” from Amador County and “the Biker” from Paso Robles and their Old Vine Zinfandel.

“Zinfandel is a great wine for barbecue because it is bold and spicy,” said Equus wine director Carrie Crouch. “This event is really about showcasing the sauce and the wine.”

Equus is located at 122 Sears Ave in Louisville, Ky. Hours of operation are Monday through Saturday from 6 to 10:00 pm. For more information or to make reservations, call (502) 897-9721 or visit http://www.equusrestaurant.com.
no avatar
User

Michele Janosek

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Douglass Hills

Re: BBQ & Zin Tasting at Jack's/Equus

by Michele Janosek » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:15 pm

Mike and I saw the ad for this yesterday while we were at Lotsa Pasta. Sounds like an awesome event and it has my beloved Alexander Valley Sin Zin on the menu! Mike had to remind me that, at six months pregnant, BBQ & wine may not be the best choice for me. :evil: Drat! Hope to see another event like this - preferably after November 2nd :wink: