Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Hot Summer Wine Sale

no avatar
User

Rick G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:05 am

Hot Summer Wine Sale

by Rick G » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:48 pm

Hey...Stopped by Party Mart Friday to load up for the weekend and noticed two semi trucks unloading several cases in the back. I asked what was going on and they said they are getting ready to have another huge warehouse wine sale. Of course being the nosey person I am and always looking for a bargain I started inquiring what was going to be in the sale. To my delight they showed me over 100 cases of Bordeaux wines and Vince said that many had really good reviews (87-93) from the Wine Spectator and Robert Parker. He also said they have a lot of cabernets, French Burgundies, some cool Australians and some neat stuff from South Africa. He told me the sale was going to be on Sunday July 19 starting at 1pm. I know I'll be there early.
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

Re: Hot Summer Wine Sale

by Mark Head » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:19 pm

My wife hates news like this. I'm there.
no avatar
User

Nimbus Couzin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:05 pm

by Nimbus Couzin » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:27 pm

Is this Liquor barn? (you said party mart...dunno if that is the next two words in their name, or if I'm just totally confused)

And all locations?

thanks...
Dr. Nimbus Couzin
no avatar
User

Rick G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:05 am

by Rick G » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:17 pm

No...This is Party Mart on Brownsboro Rd. at the Watterson Expressway. And if it's like the other sales, they will have hundreds of cases at bargain prices.
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:10 am

To clarify for others here (since i'm not in the market to pick up a bunch of wine right now), is the "warehouse sale" by the case/half case as I think it was before, or by the bottle?
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Bradley W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:21 pm

by Bradley W » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:05 am

It is by the bottle - but the deals are so good you will be tempted to buy by the case. They offer samples of what they are selling so even if you don't buy anything it's a fun event.