Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Late Night Sushi?

no avatar
User

Jessie H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:45 am

Iroquois Park

Late Night Sushi?

by Jessie H » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:39 pm

i'll start by introducing myself. my name is jessie (obviously) and this is my first post. i'm new to louisvillehotbytes.com and i'm thrilled to be here talking food with everyone! i'm in the industry, currently waiting tables in germantown.

so, i'll get on with it already. does anyone know of a place serving sushi late? late being past 11pm or so. i get that craving and i gotta have it! most of the time i'm not off work until after the places i know of have closed. thanks!
chi mangia bene, viva bene.

amen.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

Re: Late Night Sushi?

by GaryF » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:55 pm

Welcome to the forum, Jesse.
I wish I had some pointers for you but I don't know any late night sushi places. I would so be there if one pops up.
Enjoy the forum- it a great place to hang.
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:05 pm

Hi Jessie -

Oishii Sushi on Bardstown Rod near Kroger in the Highlands stays open till 10 on weekdays and 11 on weekend nights, according to their website.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:18 pm

Ummmm... Wait a second... there's the place on Preston near Horner Novelty. Before Value City, after Super America. I actually was weary of this posting thinking it was too perfect for the locale, and a potential hit, but I'll bite. They even have certificates for sale on Restaurant.com - use the code previously provided "seventy" for a 70% of discount on an already sweet deal.

***editted to realize - this is all about "late night sushi". Sorry for the spam reflex - I don't guess the place on Preston serves late. I don't at all know who serves sushi late night. Sapporo? Asiatique has a great late night menu, but not sushi. Damn - I can't think of anything else.***

*****and I called to confirm, OASIS sushi closes at 10pm.*****

Also - I'm sure you're well aquainted with Ramsi's. I love them for quality late night bite. They don't have sushi, but I've had the tuna tartare, and it's okay. Maybe even GREAT depending... Bristol had a Cali Roll a few years ago, but I'm not sure if they still do. I know that doesn't answer the REAL question - wish I could think of what would.
no avatar
User

Kyle L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 30, 2008 10:47 am

Highview

by Kyle L » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:58 am

Hi Jessie -

Sake Blue in Fern Creek on Bardstown Rod near another Kroger stays open till 10 on weekdays and 11 on weekend nights.
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

by Heather Y » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:18 am

This might not be the best thing but here goes.
Find your favorites sushi place, get a carry out order, take it home, and stick it in the fridge!

when you are done with work, go home and eat till your hearts content! (does not make for a great social setting, but once in a while is okay)
no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:13 am

Sapporo on Bardstown Road is open until midnight Thursday though Saturday (10:30 Sunday through Wednesday), according to their website.

Z's Fusion has a limited selection of very good sushi, but I'm not sure how late their bar area is open.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

Jessie H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Iroquois Park

by Jessie H » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:31 pm

someone really should open up a place. i can say for sure that if it came down to sushi, denny's, wendy's, mcd's, or cafe 360, etc. at 3am, i'm going to choose the sushi every single time. a smart business person might be able to make a fortune doing something so unique that is in at least moderate demand. not to mention make a lot of happy people in town. a girl can always dream...

amen.
no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:00 pm

Jessie H wrote:someone really should open up a place. i can say for sure that if it came down to sushi, denny's, wendy's, mcd's, or cafe 360, etc. at 3am, i'm going to choose the sushi every single time. a smart business person might be able to make a fortune doing something so unique that is in at least moderate demand. not to mention make a lot of happy people in town. a girl can always dream...

See above - midnight on the weekends isn't too bad (Sapporo) for Louisville.

Restaurant industry and other late night workers would love 3am sushi, I'm sure, but I'm not sure if that's a great idea for the drunk crowd. . .
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

Jessie H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Iroquois Park

by Jessie H » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:30 pm

brad, good point about the drunk crowd. what a shame it would be to scarf down sushi in under a minute as if it were a slider or slice of spinelli's! lol :)

amen.
no avatar
User

Leann C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Highlands

by Leann C » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Not exactly sushi, but Asiatique does appetizers until 1am in the bar/lounge area Thurs - Sat. Here's the menu. http://www.asiatiquerestaurant.com/menus/index.shtml

Also, the Highlands Kroger stays open 24 hours. You can pick up the pre-made sushi in the deli case anytime. It's made that day. I eat it often. I usually get the salmon sashimi and it's always fresh.
no avatar
User

Jessie H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Iroquois Park

by Jessie H » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:20 am

i am totally falling in love with my BF all over again...

so a day or two ago, i joined hotbytes and immediately posted the above question about late night sushi. i cited the fact that i get the sushi craving espescially late at night, but by the time i get off work, all the sushi places have closed.

tonight, i got off work and met my BF for drinks (it was about 2:30 am), at a neighborhood bar. we sat down and ordered a beer and started chatting about our day. he mentioned that he had eaten some sushi earlier. he said that he had saved half of what he ordered for me and that it was at home in the fridge waiting for me! need i say more? i know this is sickeningly cheesy but at the same time ironic. so i just had to gush about it. :oops:

amen.