Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Tony P.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:32 am

Re: Any local restaurants using Twitter?

by Tony P. » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:05 pm

Here at Boombozz we do very well with twitter. We offer twitter fans free mini apps on Taphouse Tuesdays when you sign up at twitter.com/boombozz. We also do the same for Facebook fans and LouisvilleHotbytes members. Just mention your online name. This is for Taphouse location only on Tuesdays starting at 5pm.
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:27 pm

I've been using Twitter myself for a while now:

http://twitter.com/theironicchef

And I also had set up an Oakroom Kitchen account as well, but we have yet to use it yet, but are planning on using heavily in the near future... along with a few other projects.

http://twitter.com/OakroomKitchen
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:49 pm

On another note:

What apps are people using to tweet on iPhone?

I've been using TwitterFon and like it quite a bit - but after messing around a bit, it looks like I'm going to have to use two different apps to use two accounts, unless I want to change the username settings every time I wish to post to one or the other (which is more hassle than it's worth).

Anyone know of an app that supports multiple accounts? Or another reliable, user-friendly app I can use for a separate account?
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:00 pm

Yep, I'm there: @newalbanian

My scholarly pronouncements tend to cover beer (in general) and downtown New Albany (in particular).
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

R. N. Dominick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:17 am

Louisville, KY

by R. N. Dominick » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:45 pm

Ethan Ray wrote:I've been using TwitterFon and like it quite a bit - but after messing around a bit, it looks like I'm going to have to use two different apps to use two accounts, unless I want to change the username settings every time I wish to post to one or the other (which is more hassle than it's worth).

TwitterFon Pro supports multiple accounts.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:01 pm

TweetDeck is a name brand app, and I've found their applet pretty good. I've actually set up more than one account on it, but I only use one (mainly because I don't use Twitter much, Facebook more so).

Ethan Ray wrote:On another note:

I've been using TwitterFon and like it quite a bit - but after messing around a bit, it looks like I'm going to have to use two different apps to use two accounts, unless I want to change the username settings every time I wish to post to one or the other (which is more hassle than it's worth).

Anyone know of an app that supports multiple accounts? Or another reliable, user-friendly app I can use for a separate account?
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

by RichardM » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:03 pm

Ethan Ray wrote:On another note:

I am using TWITTERIFIC. It supports multiple accounts if you need it. Easy to use. NOT great at shortening URL's. <recommendations accepted> I also have TWEETDECK on my iPhone and use it some.

Both worked well last night at the concert.

Richard
Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.
no avatar
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

by David R. Pierce » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:47 pm

tinytweet on a Blackberry
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
no avatar
User

Sergio

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:11 pm

by Sergio » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:41 pm

Sergio's World Beers
Twitter @SergiosBeers

http://www.SergiosWorldBeers.com
Mr. Sergio Ribenboim,
Owner,
Sergio's World Beers

Email: Sergio [at] SergiosWorldBeers [dot] com
Phone: (502) 618-BEER (2337)
http://www.SergiosWorldBeers.com

"Over 1000 Beers"
Previous