Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Ideas needed: dinner for 50 people?

no avatar
User

Jessica Murr

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:37 pm

Highlands

Ideas needed: dinner for 50 people?

by Jessica Murr » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:31 pm

(Marsha-I am finally here! lol)

My parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary earlier in the summer, but we are celebrating on August 22 (when my lil bro will be visiting from Japan). I had asked my parents to keep the guest list to around 30....they gave me 54 names. After 40 yrs, I really don't want to tell them no, kwim?! So, I have 2 issues....1)location--I wanted to do it at a local restaurant, but with 50 ppl, I don't know if that is possible and 2) price--those numbers blow my budget, but again, I don't want to say no! So, something economical is key.

So, throw your ideas at me....where can I have this dinner??!! Thanks in advance!
Jess
no avatar
User

Jessica Murr

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

Re: Ideas needed: dinner for 50 people?

by Jessica Murr » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:51 pm

Thanks, Annemarie! (btw, my daughter's name is Annemarie M, also!!! And my Mom is an Italian from NJ! :D ) WOW! That is really cheap! I am willing to go higher---maybe $20 pp. I would love to have it somewhere not too far from Bellarmine (Highlands, Downtown, St.Matthews), b/c we are having an Anniversary Mass for them there before dinner. But, I will definitely keep BdB in mind! Thx!

Jess
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:13 am

Not great food, but good food- and reliable- Masterson's. I'm sure they can meet your price points. I always recommend them for meals under $25.
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:14 am

Welcome, Jessica! We will figure this out. This is what we're best at here at LHB - problem-solving! :mrgreen:
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

SandyNixon

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:19 pm

by SandyNixon » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:46 am

Jessica, we would be happy to talk to you about your party. I am with The White Oak Restaurant on East Market. We have a private (covered) courtyard that could handle your party. Our chefs could work with you on a menu that can fit your budget. Feel free to call the restaurant at 583-4177.
Sandy Nixon
The White Oak
no avatar
User

Nora Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Clifton

by Nora Boyle » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:16 am

The North End Cafe has a room that would seat 50 people perfectly, we will work out a menu with you that can fit into your budget. Along with the food we offer, if there are any family favorites or recipes we would be more than happy to incorporate that into your menu as well. PLease feel free to contact Torri at 896-8770 to further discuss this opportunity.
no avatar
User

Jessica Murr

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Jessica Murr » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:41 am

Thanks for the quick responses and PMs!! You guys ARE great! It looks like I have some 'research' to do, since I have not been to any of the places recommended. :oops: That is my kind of research, though!! Keep the ideas coming! I was feeling out of ideas and you all have helped so much!

Jess
no avatar
User

Anne D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:07 pm

Middletown

by Anne D » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:56 am

I worked with Audubon country Club back in March for two dinners. They have excellent food and service and no you do not have to be a member. They were very easy to work with and will work with you on a budget. The lady I worked with was Kolleen Cannon, she was most helpful and everything turned out great. I had about 30 on a Friday night and about 55 on Saturday night. We had some extras show up on Saturday and they handled it just fine. We did do a buffet which I usually do not like but theirs are top notch. They will also do sit down dinners, give her a call, its a very nice place.
no avatar
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

by Jeffrey D. » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:57 am

Jessica, I just sent you a PM about this.
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:43 pm

Jessica, I didn't see that you were new to our forum- please accept a belated welcome.
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:46 pm

I'll give a second shout-out for Audubon Country Club. Kolleen is most helpful and I work with her frequently for special occasion cakes for their members.
no avatar
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:17 pm

Jessica, I want to chime in here with Gary and wish you a belated welcome.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
no avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:19 pm

Jessica,

I'm sure this is one that quickly comes to a lot of minds, but I'll chime in on the Bristol's behalf. I have somewhat of a "Bristol" family (sister, brother in law, and 95% of their best friends over 15 years met one another from working there, in addition to it being my dad's favorite restaurant for over twenty five years). They have multiple adjoining rooms to suit a party of any size. This is NOT a PR piece on their behalf. I used to work in their upstairs catering, it's where we hosted my dad's 50th b-day party, and I've been to several other functions there as well. It's on the second floor and they have big windows that open up to a sweet part of Bardstown Road for fresh air and liveliness. It's not expensive, and they have every budget option, from an hors d'oeuvres buffet and a cash bar to a full sit down wine dinner. Trust me when I say, an hors d'oeuvres buffet and a cash bar is nothing to be embarrassed about. Those are always the best parties.

Wendy is the Catering manager. If you choose the Bristol, please tell her I said hello. She's a sweetpea.
no avatar
User

Jessica Murr

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Jessica Murr » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:51 pm

Thanks, Jackie! My husband and I had our rehersal dinner there over 10 yrs ago!! The Bristol has always been one of our favorites...in fact, when we lived out of town I was seriously craving some gc wontons, so I tried to recreate them!!

And thanks for those who have mentioned the Audubon CC...I would have NEVER considered it before.

Jess
no avatar
User

Jessie H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:45 am

Iroquois Park

by Jessie H » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:53 pm

hi jessica. i work for zeppelin cafe and i think our upstairs room might work for you. all of our food is delicious and very reasonably priced, as are our drinks. call and ask to speak with tim cain, or just come by to check out the room and see what you think. 1036 E. Burnett (502)365-3551
chi mangia bene, viva bene.

amen.