Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Interesting changes at North End

no avatar
User

Nora Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Clifton

Interesting changes at North End

by Nora Boyle » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:22 pm

Hey forumites,
With Robin's permission I am going to put the word out about NEC's new streamlined menu. Christopher has been talking about doing this for ages and the staff is pretty excited.
The boss has taken the most popular menu items from daytime and nighttime and made them available all day.
We have begun to use one menu from open until close. That means that during the day you have many small plate options, more varied salad options, and some of the more popular evening entrees available until close. The best feedback has been on breakfast. Now you can come in from 8am until 10 or 11 pm to get your most important meal of the day! We feel that having one continuous menu will draw more people in the evenings, because you have so many more choices w/ more approachable prices. I love giving people the option of scallops or seared ahi along w/ the trout hash or pancakes!
We'd love your feedback as well.
See you there!
Nora
http://www.northendcafe.com
no avatar
User

Scott Rudd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:59 am

St. Matthews

Re: Interesting changes at North End

by Scott Rudd » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:28 pm

I love the new menu. I enjoyed dinner there Friday night. Great small plates and some of the new additions looked wonderful.
Scott W. Rudd-Restaurant Design
Chef Supply
"We Supply the Pros"
502-693-0636
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:41 pm

Coincidentally, Mary and I enjoyed lunch there yesterday. The omelet of the day, smoked salmon (not lox but Shuckman's or equivalent), was super, and so was her big bowl of the soup of the day, tomato with cheese.
no avatar
User

Nora Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Clifton

Thanks you guys!

by Nora Boyle » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:30 am

Appreciate the compliments! Scott, haven't seen you in ages. Wish you'd come in while I'm working!
I'm still all day, and Mike's still night's at El Mundo. You wouldn't believe how tall wee Mickey is now!
no avatar
User

Scott Rudd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:59 am

St. Matthews

by Scott Rudd » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:07 am

Nora, I will make an effort to stop by during lunch soon. I chat with Christopher for a while Friday night to see how he is doing and told him how much I loved the new menu.

I am sure Mickey is no longer...wee!

Chat soon!
Scott W. Rudd-Restaurant Design
Chef Supply
"We Supply the Pros"
502-693-0636
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Thanks you guys!

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:07 am

Nora Boyle wrote:Appreciate the compliments! Scott, haven't seen you in ages. Wish you'd come in while I'm working!
I'm still all day, and Mike's still night's at El Mundo. You wouldn't believe how tall wee Mickey is now!

Hey, Nora, check your private messages ... I'm trying to get hold of a copy of your new menu!
no avatar
User

Nora Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Clifton

by Nora Boyle » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:40 pm

Thanks Robin! I think Torri took care of this for me. If not, lemme know.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:02 pm

Nora Boyle wrote:Thanks Robin! I think Torri took care of this for me. If not, lemme know.

Nora, thanks. A fax came, but most of the pages were unreadable. It looks like the fax on the sending end slipped or something.
no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Camp Taylor aka Louisville's food desert

by Adam C » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:15 am

This is great news. I love breakfast for dinner. In addition, I was in North End a few weeks ago with my mom during lunch and had the Veggie Burger which was top shelf. Good stuff. Thanks!