Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: when you don't get what you paid for...

by Marsha L. » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:49 pm

It's so people can pretend they're eating popcorn while they read the thread 8)
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Becky M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:02 pm

the other side of the river.....

by Becky M » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:50 pm

Personally, I find it ALL in bad taste.

The thought that keeps going through my mind is how it must seem for someone that is browsing for information on Louisville restaurants and happens to come across this site.

Are we, as a collective, not a representation of the Louisville food scene? Be it the owners of restaurants, servers, consumers, home-cooks, foodies?

Just my thoughts.....
no avatar
User

James Cooper

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Sun May 17, 2009 1:59 am

by James Cooper » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:58 pm

if anyone came across this post, i think they would see this does not say anything except there is nothing to be thankful for, yet everything to complain about. Or one can look at it Totally Positively, and see that Louisville and all that live and work here are perfectionists, AND WE ARE NEVER SATISFIED!!!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:34 pm

James Cooper wrote:Whoa...So like when did I step into the preschool nursery?

Strike two.
no avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:49 pm

Jeffrey D. wrote:Mr. Cooper: for your edification: 1) http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/get+off+high+horse
2) http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ma'am And, finally, until you are in a position to know the costs of OEM filters and how many quarts of high grade synthetic oil is required in a Mercedes, I for one, would ask that you please keep your rude and uninformed comments to yourself.

Said the swirling glass of red. Love it, Jeffrey.

I searched and searched and searched, but I couldn't come up with a definition for Mam. What's a Mam?

*Ducking Robin's evil eye* ~ I'm sorry, strike one for Jackie? It was the Marsha thing... Please don't mess with my Marsha. I didn't personally have a chance to see his apology so I'm still a little rattled.

*pops popcorn...*
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:57 pm

JThompson wrote:
annemarie m wrote:. apparently you are just a saucier"

Actually saucier has always been one of the more respected stations in the kitchen, it is a dying art and very, very, very few restaurants have a dedicated saucier any more, by dedicated I mean that is their main job. The economics of the kitchen no longer allow that kind of specialization. Stop the arguing and increase the peace or not; whatever works for ya.

I agree, JThompson - not that I don't appreciate annemarie m having my back - but an actual saucier is really something special indeed.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:07 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
James Cooper wrote:Whoa...So like when did I step into the preschool nursery?

Strike two.

My vote for strike through to be called even if a pitch isn't delivered.
no avatar
User

James Cooper

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

by James Cooper » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:18 pm

Strike two.

I guess I stepped in the preschool nursery sometime earlier today when I thought this was adult forum, instead of one where whiny kids think communicative interaction and the questioning of how others go about their lives is unproductive and harrassing. When the "kids" thus miss the whole picture in the first place-especially on a post based upon COMPLAINING! Besides the fact that who wants to listen to a complainer, much less work with them, or hang out with them--Who wants to be around "THAT GUY," who epitomizes socially destructive behavior, or what I like to call the true definition of insanity--"if one finds oneself constantly complaining about what one gets, ie the service, food, or prices where one goes, wouldn't it in fact not be everyone else's fault, but rather with the person complaining?" Meaning hence--That insanity is in fact doing the same behavior over and over again and expecting a different result. 8)
no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:18 pm

James Cooper wrote:like i said. Are you all serious? She can dish it out, but not take it back? What is this, communication 01 in the first grade? Do we need to call the hallway monitor? Has anyone ever heard of the universal theory "for every reaction there is an equal but opposite reaction?"
My tone, my responses were all originally meant toward one person who started off a post about people who do not COMPLAIN enough at restaurants. Like I have said recently, there are plenty of people who complain on here, albeit I see it more like whining.

Strikes 3, uh, 4, 5, and 6?
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:19 pm

James Cooper wrote:
Strike two.

I guess I stepped in the preschool nursery sometime earlier today when I thought this was adult forum, instead of one where whiny kids think communicative interaction and the questioning of how others go about their lives is unproductive and harrassing. When the "kids" thus miss the whole picture in the first place-especially on a post based upon COMPLAINING! Besides the fact that who wants to listen to a complainer, much less work with them, or hang out with them--Who wants to be around "THAT GUY," who epitomizes socially destructive behavior, or what I like to call the true definition of insanity--"if one finds oneself constantly complaining about what one gets, ie the service, food, or prices where one goes, wouldn't it in fact not be everyone else's fault, but rather with the person complaining?" Meaning hence--That insanity is in fact doing the same behavior over and over again and expecting a different result. 8)

OOOH perfect - strikes 7, 8, and 9? That's a whole inning. . .
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Heh. This just all makes me chuckle at this point. Sheesh.

G'night forum.
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

James Cooper

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

by James Cooper » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:21 pm

he also removed his original post wanting a job, and in his description posted that he worked at 4th street area. last time i looked longhorn is on hurstborne and on brownsboro rd and 22.

And I can't say enough about Miss Nancy Drew here for cracking the LongHorn case....
no avatar
User

James Cooper

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

by James Cooper » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:41 pm

well, obviously...you'll crack the case i'm sure, i just hope youre not
sulking over the situation and wishing you had said something right there and then.
I would hate to
just leave a bad taste in your mouth
as you so eloquently put it in your intial post on this topic....
no avatar
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:50 pm

Poor James. He has no idea with whom he is messing, Annemarie.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
no avatar
User

JThompson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:28 pm

by JThompson » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:57 pm

I vote that this subject be removed from the forum, we are all dumber for having posted and having read this garbage and it all wasn't from James(95%) most but not all. Now if I may be excused I'm gonna beat myself in the head with a meat mallet and scratch my berries with a microplane. Here's hoping I wake up in the morning and this thread is gone.
PreviousNext