Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

Re: when you don't get what you paid for...

by Jackie R. » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:09 pm

JThompson wrote:I vote that this subject be removed from the forum, we are all dumber for having posted and having read this garbage and it all wasn't from James(95%) most but not all. Now if I may be excused I'm gonna beat myself in the head with a meat mallet and scratch my berries with a microplane. Here's hoping I wake up in the morning and this thread is gone.

With all due respect, this comment perpetuated the topic and I always take silent issue when I see something like this. If you want it to die, then don't contribute or read it. I know it's overboard, but you don't have to take responsibilty for other people's emotional reactions. There are direct hits here, and thery're not aimed at you.

FWIW, I'm not turning on you, JThompson - I usually LOVE your contributions.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:48 am

I've placed James on Time Out status. This is a sentence of indefinite duration. If he cares to approach me privately and convince me that he intends to participate in this forum in a constructive way, I'll consider giving him another chance.

For now, though, it's strike three.

I'm not (yet) deleting his posts or locking this thread, but if everyone else is as sick of it as I am, it might be just as well to move on to something more interesting.
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:16 pm

Here we have another Robert Z, only more articulate and he can at least spell and is not profane.

James flamed out in one thread (as he deserved), where it took Robert multiple posts.

Actually Robert was more fun until the pear brandy completely took over.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:45 pm

Thank you, Robin.
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:47 pm

Agreed. Thank you Robin. That was getting way past uncomfortable.
Previous