Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Restaurant Not Honoring Deal

no avatar
User

StaceyBreckel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:13 am

Restaurant Not Honoring Deal

by StaceyBreckel » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:18 pm

Recently my fiance' and I went to the J Gumbo's over off of Central (we NEVER go to this one- always the original location). They had a sign up in store that all entrees are $3 with the purchase of a drink M-F after 3pm. We purchased 2 drinks, and 2 entrees, yet they charged us full price. It was a week day, and it was after 3pm.
Has anyone else run into this problem? It's kind of aggravating... I certainly don't mind paying full price, but when it has a big sign up in the restaurant that entrees are $3 with the purchase of a drink, I expect them to honor that price.
no avatar
User

Nimbus Couzin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: Restaurant Not Honoring Deal

by Nimbus Couzin » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:56 pm

Yeah, you have every right to complain.

But you didn't give us enough info in your post. Did you complain? What did they say? Etc, etc....tough to comment without that information.

Honest mistakes happen all of the time, but it is how the establishment deals with the problems that makes the difference. I would have questioned the prices (due to the advertised special), and taken it from there depending on their response. Hopefully, they'd apologize and get you an updated (correct) check. Done deal. If they refuse to, then I think you have every right to make a fuss.

If you don't say anything, then apparently you don't mind paying full price. Done deal. But you really can't complain much if you didn't bother to speak up.

Cheers...
Dr. Nimbus Couzin
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:54 pm

I am currently working to uncover the source of this problem. I have notified the owner of the store and we are working to resolve the problem.

I greatly apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

by RonnieD » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:03 am

Update.

I have spoken with the owner of the Central Station store and this matter will be taken care of directly. To clarify the issue: at the Central Station location the $3 entree offer has been scaled back to only the hours of 3-5pm. We wanted to keep the promotion going a little while longer at that location, but we needed to reduce the offer period so that it did not interfere with other promotions we are looking to introduce.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and I hope this matter can be resolved satisfactorily and succinctly.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:57 am

Since the sign was still up, it should have been honored. Customers can not read minds. Something like this leaves a bad taste in customers mouths.

Sign should have been taken down or replaced with proper times.

You should have offered Stacy something to make up for this. Not just an explanation.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

by RonnieD » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:49 am

Steve, I have been assured that the owner of the store is going to personally handle the resolution of this issue with Stacey. My explanation was for the rest of the community reading this forum to prevent further problems. If for any reason Stacey's complaint is not address, then I shall become more involved.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Wes P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:59 pm

Impellizzeri's Pizza

by Wes P » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:35 pm

I think Ronnie has handled this very well. If my read is correct, the restaurant is owned by a franchisee and Ronnie works for the parent co. It would be great for Ronnie if every independent franchisee would follow all company directives, but.

Ronnie is all over this and got to the source of the problem quickly. He addressed it with the owner and hopefully he will respond as quick as Ronnie.

Yes it should have been handled at the point of sale. A manager should have honored the deal and then taken the sign down untill further instruction.
The Original Impellizzeri's Pizza
www.impellizzeris.com