Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

It's Independent's Day weekend

no avatar
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

It's Independent's Day weekend

by Todd Antz » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:25 am

This year, make an effort to support your local independent business this weekend. Buy your groceries locally, go visit a farmer's market. If you are eating out, go visit a local business. If you need libations this weekend, shop a local shop (like me!) and even buy beer that is brewed locally. Keep your hard earned money local, and you will see more of it spent locally back at you.

I hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend!
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
no avatar
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

Re: It's Independent's Day weekend

by Kurt R. » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:49 pm

I shopped with you (Todd) the other day. There is an "Indie" day event at EarXtacy tomorrow July 4th.

To All:
Shop Local, Shop Often!
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:51 pm

Great advice, Todd! We'll be at the Beargrass Farmers' Market tomorrow morning, spending lots of money. Lunch at Taqueria y Fonda Guanajuato on Lagrange Road near Whipps Mill today, and we've been to Heine Brothers on Frankfort twice already. If this weekend plays out as usual, we'll hit both Blue Dog and Caffe Classico by Sunday (assuming there's not an issue with holiday closings.

There are a whole lot of reasons to buy locally, having to do both with quality and with keeping as much money as possible in circulation with our friends and neighbors.
no avatar
User

Nimbus Couzin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:05 pm

by Nimbus Couzin » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:08 pm

Ray's Monkey House Coffeeshop is about as independent as you can get.

There is only one of us! No branches, no satellites, no drive thrus, etc....

And only one owner. Me! (plus four hard-working local employees to whom I am grateful)

Cheers, and a happy fourth of July to ya'll......

-Nimbus (working the morning shift on the 4th....come on by!)
Dr. Nimbus Couzin
no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:25 pm

My holiday weekend:

Thursday evening: drinks and apps at local Z's Fusion. Night racing at Churchill Downs - mostly a local thing, right? They need the money, either way. I drank bourbon. . .

Friday: some shopping to get ready for Saturday cooking - meat from Kingsley's, assorted items from Valu-Market Highlands, and booze from Hometown Liquors (local, owned by the Bombay/Cafe 360/Dakshin folks).

Saturday: various items from the Bardstown Road farmers market.

All in all, I think we did our part this weekend. I was pretty much perfect until I broke down and ordered Jimmy John's for dinner last night - just too tired to leave the house or cook and we didn't want pizza.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown