Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Gourmet For Everyone Closing

no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Gourmet For Everyone Closing

by Deb Hall » Wed May 16, 2007 7:35 pm

Forumites,

It is with deep regret and sadness that we announce our Gourmet for Everyone store is closing this evening, Wednesday, May 16. While we have a number of very loyal customers and store fans who have been enthusiastic about our products, had great PR and a high degree of interest in our cooking classes, we are undercapitalized and unable to sustain the store for another year until it can sustain itself. While the decision to close the store was extremely difficult to make, we expect the future to be bright as we pursue other yet-to-be-determined career avenues.

Our intention was to notify Robin this morning and then announce it on the Hotbytes site first. But before we did that, we needed to notify our Chefs as a courtesy so they knew the status of already booked classes. It was also our hope to make it thru our last Cooking Class with John Plymale tonight without turning it into a downer for our guests. Unfortunately someone chose to announce it for us.

Thanks to those of you who have supported us,

Deb and Brian Hall

Owners, Gourmet for Everyone
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Thu May 17, 2007 3:37 am

Sorry it didn't work out. You had a very nice place.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Gourmet For Everyone Closing

by Robin Garr » Thu May 17, 2007 7:26 am

Deb Hall wrote:Forumites,

It is with deep regret and sadness that we announce our Gourmet for Everyone store is closing

Deb, I've already expressed my regrets to you privately, but allow me to repeat in public how much I regret seeing this. You had a great vision and a serious store, and it's a shame that it didn't work out for you. I hope you'll be back in the food business in the future in some form and look forward to supporting that venture.
no avatar
User

Michele B.

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:28 pm

Louisville, KY

by Michele B. » Thu May 17, 2007 7:39 am

You did indeed have a very nice store. I'm so sorry you have to close.
I sent lots of people your way that were searching for some items we didn't yet carry and we were still hoping to do some cooking classes with you all.

Take care,

Michele Brinke
Highland Fish Market
254-FISH
http://www.highlandfish.com
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu May 17, 2007 11:27 am

Deb, my wife and I are going to dearly miss your establishment especially your wonderful chicken salad and tomato basil soup.

We were sorry and shocked to hear you were closing. Your concept and execution were wonderful and we know that given time you would've been very successful. Good luck on your future endeavors.
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Thanks to all!

by Deb Hall » Sun May 20, 2007 11:08 pm

I'm sorry it has taken so long to respond, but it's been a very difficult week.

I just wanted to express my thanks to all of you who sent messages, both publicly and privately. The messages we've gotten from both Forumites and our customers really made a difference to Brian & me. All the positive comments about our store ( and our food!) have really meant a lot both professionally and personally.

Thanks to you all, and being seeing you on-line,
Deb