Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Justin McMillen

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:41 am

148 East. Market Street. New Albany Indiana

Windsor beer/ wine, farmers market diner

by Justin McMillen » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:02 pm

Looking at July 27 for the date. Going with the farmers market freshness, great beer and wine. More details to come.
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

Re: Windsor beer/ wine, farmers market diner

by Roger A. Baylor » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:18 pm

Sounds groovy to me.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Justin McMillen

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Justin McMillen » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:28 pm

5 Course Meal paired with Beer and Wine, which includes:

Soup- Duo of chilled melon soup shooters with champagne "caviar" and lime granite

Salad- Pork Roulade Terrine with mixed Asian baby greens and a B&B pickle vinaigrette with assorted pickled vegetables

Fish- Seared Sea Bass escabache with smoked zucchini, squash, and carrot "spaghetti" garnished with a micro green salad and a parsley and meyer lemon vinaigrette

Red Meat- Seared Ostrich medallions with a honey lavender marinated grilled asparagus, and deconstructed twice baked fingerling potatoes with a Pennywise Petit Sirah Marchand Du Vin

Dessert- Peach two ways, a peach and blackberry cobbler and a Lindemann's Peche float with a goat cheese and lemon verbena ice cream.

$60.00 per person, tax/gratuity not included

RSVP REQUIRED - LIMITED SEATING

Paring details coming soon
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:32 pm

Still on July 27?

Let me know what you need from NBC.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:26 am

Damn, my first day of vacation hits with this....
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
User

Tom Holstein

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 am

Derby City :)

by Tom Holstein » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:02 pm

Roger A. Baylor wrote:Sounds groovy to me.

Love Groovy! :)

Sounds like a super menu. Their last effort (beer dinner) was very good.

Gina and I will hopefully attend.
no avatar
User

Justin McMillen

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Justin McMillen » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:41 pm

Special Thanks to:

Moonkiss Gardens

Gehman Farms

Graf Farms

Hensley Farms

Sycamore Creek Herbs

Priceless Bread Company

Russell Veggies

Kentucky Bison Company

New Albanian Brewing Company

Tisha Dean
from World Class Beverages

Louis Meyer from Crossroads Vintners

Susan Kaempfer

Develop New Albany

Beer and Wine Dinner

Monday, July 27 6:30pm

A 5 Course Meal paired with Beer and Wine,
which will include:

Soup- Duo of chilled melon soup shooters with champagne "caviar" and lime granite. Beer: Duvel, Wine: 2008 Crios de Susana Balbo Torrontes, Mendoza, Argentina

Salad- Pork Roulade Terrine with mixed Asian baby greens and a B&B pickle vinaigrette with assorted pickled vegetables. Beer: Brooklyn Lager, Wine: 2005 Hirsch Gruner Veltliner "Veltliner #1", Kamptal, Austria

Fish- Seared Sea Bass escabache with smoked zucchini, squash, and carrot "spaghetti" garnished with a micro green salad and a parsley and meyer lemon vinaigrette. Beer: Hennepin, Wine:
2006 Bouvier Bourgogne Rouge "Monte Cui", Burgundy, France

Red Meat- Seared Ostrich medallions with a honey lavender marinated grilled asparagus, and deconstructed twice baked fingerling potatoes with a Pennywise Petit Sirah Marchand Du Vin. Beer: Dogfish head 90 min IPA, Wine: 2005 Pennywise Petit Sirah, Napa, California

Dessert- Peach two ways, a peach and blackberry cobbler and a Lindemann's Peche float with a goat cheese and lemon verbena ice cream. Beer: Lindeman's Peche, Wine: Elvino Tintero Moscato d'Asti, Piedmonte, Italy

Apertif wine - Jean-Louis Denoise Blanc de Blancs Brut Chardonnay NV Limoux, France

Closing Beer - NABC's 18-month old Thunderfoot "dry-cherried" imperial stout
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:38 am

Downtown

by Paul Mick » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:29 pm

Blast, I'm working at the free clinic on Monday. The dinner and pairings sound fantastic though!

I hope you all put together another beer and/or wine dinner in the next few months.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."--J.R.R. Tolkien
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

by Steve H » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:47 pm

My wife and I just recently tried Windsor a couple of weeks ago, and again this last Monday for the beer / wine dinner. The first was good, the second was fantastic.

After the wine dinner, we stayed over to enjoy another glass of the Pennywise Petit Sirah. Lingering,we had the opportunity to chat with Susan Kaempfer of the New Albany Farmers Market and with Chef Cory Cuff. I managed to score some leftover pork terrine and the identification of the fabulous mustard it was served with. It's Pommery Moutarde de Meaux, by the way.

BTW, my favorite beers were the NABC Thunderfoot and the Dogfish 90 Minute IPA. Yummy!

Folks, The Windsor needs our support. Diners were sparse for both of our visits. It's worth a trip over to give them a try. We'll be sure to attend their next event.

Justin McMillen wrote: Beer and Wine Dinner
Monday, July 27 6:30pm

A 5 Course Meal paired with Beer and Wine,
which will include:

Soup- Duo of chilled melon soup shooters with champagne "caviar" and lime granite. Beer: Duvel, Wine: 2008 Crios de Susana Balbo Torrontes, Mendoza, Argentina

Salad- Pork Roulade Terrine with mixed Asian baby greens and a B&B pickle vinaigrette with assorted pickled vegetables. Beer: Brooklyn Lager, Wine: 2005 Hirsch Gruner Veltliner "Veltliner #1", Kamptal, Austria

Fish- Seared Sea Bass escabache with smoked zucchini, squash, and carrot "spaghetti" garnished with a micro green salad and a parsley and meyer lemon vinaigrette. Beer: Hennepin, Wine:
2006 Bouvier Bourgogne Rouge "Monte Cui", Burgundy, France

Red Meat- Seared Ostrich medallions with a honey lavender marinated grilled asparagus, and deconstructed twice baked fingerling potatoes with a Pennywise Petit Sirah Marchand Du Vin. Beer: Dogfish head 90 min IPA, Wine: 2005 Pennywise Petit Sirah, Napa, California

Dessert- Peach two ways, a peach and blackberry cobbler and a Lindemann's Peche float with a goat cheese and lemon verbena ice cream. Beer: Lindeman's Peche, Wine: Elvino Tintero Moscato d'Asti, Piedmonte, Italy

Apertif wine - Jean-Louis Denoise Blanc de Blancs Brut Chardonnay NV Limoux, France

Closing Beer - NABC's 18-month old Thunderfoot "dry-cherried" imperial stout