Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

On a rampage ...

no avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

Re: On a rampage ...

by Jackie R. » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:45 pm

Rebecca Clark wrote:
Jackie ... YOU ARE MY HERO! And I owe you a drink! :)

I probably owe you a drink, too, love. MWAW! Come to Toki's new digs with Gary, Gayle, Paul, etc... We'll buy each other drinks.
no avatar
User

Rebecca Clark

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:57 pm

by Rebecca Clark » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:52 pm

Jackie R. wrote:I probably owe you a drink, too, love. MWAW! Come to Toki's new digs with Gary, Gayle, Paul, etc... We'll buy each other drinks.

I'm IN!!!! When?
"Save the neck for me, Clark!" - Cousin Eddie
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:59 pm

Robert, welcome to the forum and thank you for your well stated apology. I realize I haven't been part of this thread but I thought your response very classy.
no avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:13 pm

Rebecca Clark wrote:
Jackie R. wrote:I probably owe you a drink, too, love. MWAW! Come to Toki's new digs with Gary, Gayle, Paul, etc... We'll buy each other drinks.

I'm IN!!!! When?

When Gary says it's so! It was his brainchild, I'm in, and so are others. His idea is to have a lunch on the opening day, but I'll do whatever. There's a Toki thread that will hopefully develop as we approach the opening. As long as I don't have to be out of town or something dumb like that, I'll be there if everyone else is.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:53 am

Jackie R. wrote:
Rebecca Clark wrote:

I'm IN!!!! When?

When Gary says it's so! It was his brainchild, I'm in, and so are others. His idea is to have a lunch on the opening day, but I'll do whatever. There's a Toki thread that will hopefully develop as we approach the opening. As long as I don't have to be out of town or something dumb like that, I'll be there if everyone else is.

Jackie et al, since you are more inside the loop please let us know when opening is. If people are working (Damn that work!) we will find a time that is good for everyone.
no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:54 pm

I see no one has responded yet, so I will:

Thanks for writing and explaining, Robert (and welcome to the forum), and also for clearing up any rumors as to your association with bad burgers at Slugger Field. I can't speak to whether this puts to bed Rebecca's bad experience, but we all appreciate it when an owner or someone associated with a restaurant takes the time to respond, apologize, and explain a situation.

I've never been to your place before, but will perhaps bring my niece and nephew by sometime to try it out.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:57 pm

I looked at your website, and I'll be sure to come by sometime so long as I can sit at the Albert Pujols table.
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

Rebecca Clark

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:57 pm

by Rebecca Clark » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:08 pm

Brad Keeton wrote:I can't speak to whether this puts to bed Rebecca's bad experience, but we all appreciate it when an owner or someone associated with a restaurant takes the time to respond, apologize, and explain a situation.

Brad,
See my response at the top of Pg. 2 ...
Rebecca
"Save the neck for me, Clark!" - Cousin Eddie
no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:22 pm

Rebecca Clark wrote:
Brad Keeton wrote:I can't speak to whether this puts to bed Rebecca's bad experience, but we all appreciate it when an owner or someone associated with a restaurant takes the time to respond, apologize, and explain a situation.

Brad,
See my response at the top of Pg. 2 ...
Rebecca

Sheesh. How did I miss that like 5 people replied to him before me???? I guess I didn't notice a page 2 on this one.

My bad to everyone--and welcome to the forum.
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Home Run Burgers wrote:By the way, the hamburgers sold at Slugger Field have nothing to do with us. One wonders how such rumors get started.

Not the regular burgers sold at the concession stands, but there's a separate booth out in right field that's run by SOME smaller burger chain. Maybe it's Back Yard Burgers, in which case my apologies for writing faster than I can think. That's the source of the confusion, anyway ... Home Run Burgers sounds like a GREAT match for the baseball game! :D
Previous