Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Kobe at Varanese. . .

no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

Kobe at Varanese. . .

by Brad Keeton » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:00 pm

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/ ... t+Varanese

Sorry for the Gannet link. It was unavoidable.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Kobe at Varanese. . .

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:21 pm

I thought we posted the press release that inspired that story ... let me dig around for it, and I'll tack it on here.

A few Gannett links won't really make much difference ... the biggie is when we see whether they have to quit delivering those throwaway papers and, if so, if they'll be honest and subtract that bogus number from the circulation.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Here's the press release ...

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:24 pm

This came June 23 ... I sure thought I posted it then. Mea culpa.

Kobe Beef Dinner at Varanese July 21

Chef John Varanese will be the first chef in Louisville to host an authentic Kobe Beef dinner on Tuesday, July 21 at Varanese, 2106 Frankfort Avenue. The cost is $125. per person (plus tax and gratuity) for a 10 oz. Grade A5 Kobe Steak, served with Kentucky Proud sides of course. Heirloom Tomatos & Fresh Mozzarella with Balsamic Drizzle and Roasted Fingerling Potatos are included.

Patrons may make their reservations for anytime the evening of July 21 or within a three day window. Pre-payment is required. For reservations call (502) 899-9904. Reservations are required by July 14. More information on Kobe Beef at http://www.varanese.com. Real Kobe Beef must come from Japan and meet strict standards to produce the unique marbling of this high grade, much sought after product.
no avatar
User

David A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:05 pm

by David A » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:35 pm

We were hoping to take 35-40 reservations for this dinner, however due to the overwhelming response, we have now opened another forty slots. I'm sure the will go fast after the CJ article.

Thanks Robin for posting the information

David
no avatar
User

David A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:05 pm

by David A » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 pm

The Kobe Dinner has currently sold out, however if we do get enough interest we may open another 30 spots