Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

Sergio's Louisville Location

by David R. Pierce » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:32 pm

I was forwarded a Segio's e-mail newsletter announcing their new Louisville location at 1605 Story Avenue.

Does our intrepid Sergio's Representative, John Hagan, have any further details?
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Sergio's Louisville Location

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:19 pm

That would be the former Dirty Min's, Baby Doe, Ten Pin, Greek Paradise, Fusion, etc., in Butchertown? Why, I believe it would. Here's hoping that Sergio can overcome the curse on this property ... this would be a GREAT addition.

David R. Pierce wrote:I was forwarded a Segio's e-mail newsletter announcing their new Louisville location at 1605 Story Avenue.

Does our intrepid Sergio's Representative, John Hagan, have any further details?
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:57 pm

I hereby promise to do my level best to make (and keep) the new Sergio's a Louisville icon. I wonder if I could just arrange for direct deposit of a large portion of my income into his bank account. Might save the hassle of paying the tab every other night.

Sahhhhhh-WEET.
Last edited by Steve P on Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:59 pm

Offline !!! Sergios. As soon as they open. We're "in".
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:20 pm

Sergio's arrival just adds to Louisville's excellence as a beer destination.

Little known fact: The original wooden swinging kitchen door from Min's has been mounted (and in use) at the Public House since about 1995.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Keith D Heath

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:11 pm

by Keith D Heath » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:03 pm

Although for very selfish and personal reasons, I'm disappointed that the rumored Middletown location didn't pan out, I'm very much looking forward to trying out Sergio's new digs.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:40 pm

Steve P wrote:Offline !!! Sergios. As soon as they open. We're "in".

Us too!
no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

by Ellen P » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:45 pm

We drove back into Louisville to check out the location last night. It's a couple of blocks from our younger daughter's home in Irish Hill.
I prefer this location to Middletown. It suits Sergio's 'mystique'. Something about his moving into a 'new' building in suburbia just didn't work for me - but we would have been there.
(Went on to El Mundo. Have never eaten outside in the patio area. Really nice evening. ($3 margaritas) Called our daughter to join us.) (My husband reported that the one restroom was occupied for awhile and when the door opened, a man and a woman came out...)
Put Mike and me down for the off-line. I know others who aren't on this board would love to join but that can come later. Can you imagine the trolley hop nights - guarantees me twice a month to be there - if not more.
When can we get a urban beer trail going? BBC St. M>Cumberland>Sergios>Tap Room>Brownings>4th Street>Bank Street>Grantline
(I live east of St. Matthews, so that's why I started with them.)
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:52 pm

Ellen P wrote:When can we get a urban beer trail going? BBC St. M>Cumberland>Sergios>Tap Room>Brownings>4th Street>Bank Street>Grantline
(I live east of St. Matthews, so that's why I started with them.)

It's part of my master plan. Just haven't gotten everyone on the same page yet.

It will happen.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Rob Coffey

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:17 pm

by Rob Coffey » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:49 pm

Keith D Heath wrote:Although for very selfish and personal reasons, I'm disappointed that the rumored Middletown location didn't pan out, I'm very much looking forward to trying out Sergio's new digs.

Ditto, mostly because I could have staggered home from that location.
no avatar
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:38 am

Downtown

by Paul Mick » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:03 pm

Is it still opening this Wednesday? If so, I think we should definitely get together for an offline. I don't know what their hours are, but I'll go ahead and toss out 6:30 as a potential time.

In fact, I think I'll make a post in the offline thread about this. Hopefully the short notice won't impair turnout too much.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."--J.R.R. Tolkien
no avatar
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:38 am

Downtown

by Paul Mick » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:07 pm

As an addendum to my former post, does anyone know if they will accept debit/credit on opening night, or what their exact hours are.

Thanks in advance.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."--J.R.R. Tolkien
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:37 pm

Paul Mick wrote:Is it still opening this Wednesday? If so, I think we should definitely get together for an offline. I don't know what their hours are, but I'll go ahead and toss out 6:30 as a potential time.

In fact, I think I'll make a post in the offline thread about this. Hopefully the short notice won't impair turnout too much.

Crapola! I have a can't-miss meeting on Wednesday evening! Maybe I could come by Sergio's late ...
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:10 am

[quote="Robin Garr"]That would be the former Dirty Min's, Baby Doe, Ten Pin, Greek Paradise, Fusion, etc., in Butchertown? Why, I believe it would. Here's hoping that Sergio can overcome the curse on this property ... this would be a GREAT addition.

Isn't Fuzion where The Buthertown Pub used to be? Wasn't Dirty Min's somewhere else? It's been a long time- just trying to remap my past. Perhaps I have too many dead brain cells to accomplish this with success.
no avatar
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

by John Hagan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:10 am

Paul Mick wrote:Is it still opening this Wednesday? If so, I think we should definitely get together for an offline. I don't know what their hours are, but I'll go ahead and toss out 6:30 as a potential time.

I think if you read the press release on the Sergios website it will show that they are reopening the Shelbyville location on Wednesday. Its also states in the release that there is no estimated time of opening yet for the new location. I may have misread that,but Im pretty sure my info is correct.

I plan to be at the Shelbyville spot on Wednesday eve. If any other forum members are going to be there lets make a point to say hi.
The tall one wants white toast, dry, with nothin' on it.
And the short one wants four whole fried chickens, and a Coke.
Next