Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

El Caporal in Crestwood?

no avatar
User

John Greenup

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Oldham County

El Caporal in Crestwood?

by John Greenup » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:22 pm

(Apologies if this has already been posted)

Whilst motoring through the Crestwood metroplex, bound for my country estate...I passed the storefront that was formerly "Fast Break Pizza" and spotted a banner hanging out front that advertised a forthcoming "El Caporal" Mexican restaurant...anyone have details on this...I think the only other El Carporal I've visited is in Clarksville, IN (Hwy 131)....
"I want to go where the hand of man has never set foot."

-- Samuel Goldwyn
no avatar
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

Re: El Caporal in Crestwood?

by Scott Hack » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:57 am

They have been working on the interior of the building for several months. Originally they were supposed to open it up by June 1st. Obviously that hasn't happened. I know they had the fire department out for an inspection to get an occupancy rating (for the county ordinance, 100 seat count rule) and they didn't have any tables or chairs there so the fire department couldn't do the inspection. My guess is they will have it open closer to the end of July.

They laid tile in the main dining room. Moved the wall I had by the bar to the back by the bathrooms, and moved the bar to the right hand side (when facing the building) where I had the games for the kids.
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:05 pm

There's another (maybe the original?) El Caporal just off Bardstown Road, across from where the Showcase Cinemas used to be (sort of behind where Kingfish used to be) - how's that for a Louisville description?

Anyways, it's still there, operating, and fairly busy.

Nothing gourmet, but it seems (to this Anglo) as pretty authentic - your standard Mexican food done very well with nothing unusual on the menu but nothing missing either. Local competition might be in the El Nopal / Los Aztecas variety?
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

John Greenup

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Oldham County

by John Greenup » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:08 pm

I do remember the Bardstown Rd location...it's been years since I've eaten there...
"I want to go where the hand of man has never set foot."

-- Samuel Goldwyn