Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Liberian Cuisine?

no avatar
User

Sarah_Causey

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:35 pm

Liberian Cuisine?

by Sarah_Causey » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:53 pm

I'm new to this bunch, too, and I was encouraged by a friend to post this thith you. Several downtown businesses got flyered today with menus from someplace called "Rice & Stuff Liberian Cuisine." Did anybody else get one of these?

We were puzzled by the lack of an address, then noticed it clearly says "delivery only" at the bottom of the menu.

At $5 for each item + $3 delivery charge for all orders under $20, it sounds pretty reasonable -- if it's tasty.

They mentioned the magic word "collards" in one of their offerings. Of the seven items they offer six are variations on chicken (with rice!).

The menu sounds great -- I'd share it with you now but I'll have to do that when I have more time. Their e-mail is riceandstuff@gmail.com. Maybe they'd shoot a copy over to your inbox? Their phone is (502) 322-2917. It was busy a minute ago.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Liberian Cuisine?

by Robin Garr » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:32 pm

Hey, Sarah!

The Liberian place is new to me, but I'd like to see more.

Can't let your first post go by, though, without a special welcome to the forum for a real-world pal. Great to see you here!
no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Re: Liberian Cuisine?

by Kim H » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:57 pm

Yeah, I'm nosey, or what I prefer to call 'culinarily curious', so I called the number. The woman I spoke with seemed very nice, but maybe a hired manager. She didn't sound like an owner, as she was a little vague on some things. It was kind of cute. I asked her about the food, and she said all the food comes from Liberia. She quickly added, "Not the food! The food is all fresh. But we have recipes from Liberian friends." I found that kind of funny. Anyway, she said they are working on the building (I made the reference to Woody's show, but I guess she doesn't listen to it), and said it will be near the Doo Wop shop on Bardstown road. Right now, they deliver from 10am - 3pm, but may expand hours. I didn't ask about delivery areas, sorry. But it seems intriguing, and I hope they do well.

Thanks for the post, Sarah, and welcome!