Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Cafe Classico pizza rocks!

no avatar
User

Len Stevens

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 6:30 pm

Louisville

Cafe Classico pizza rocks!

by Len Stevens » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:42 pm

I had the opportunity to stop in last night after leaving the restaurant. I ordered the pepperoni and proscuitto pizza. This is my second time having this pie and in my humble opinion, it's the best in Louisville (moment of silence for the pizza at Primo). I realize this is a very subjective area and your mileage may vary, but for my humble palate, it's as good as it gets in this city. If you are a pizza lover (and I just assume everyone is) then this must be sampled. There are a couple of other pizza offerings on the menu if those toppings aren't to your liking.
One other note, the proprietor Tommy Mudd is always a very gracious host. Job well done Tommy!
Len Stevens II
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Cafe Classico pizza rocks!

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:59 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself, Len ... you're preaching to the choir about Caffe Classico's pizza, and about Tommie.
no avatar
User

christopher stockton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:23 pm

by christopher stockton » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:41 pm

Hear hear!

Tommie is the consummate professional. His attention to detail is bar non. From his perfectly steamed cappuccinos and coffee drinks to my favorite feta Panini. Everything I've ever eaten from Classico has been delicious. Rock on Tommie! No need to tell you to keep it up, that's a given.

I can't wait to try the pizza.
"It's crazy good sandwiches"
no avatar
User

Antonia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Cherokee Triangle

by Antonia L » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:56 am

Caffe Classico's eggplant parm pizza is one of our local gems.

I can tell we have the same taste in pizza, because I, too, mourn the loss of Primo's pizzas. :cry: