Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

New Farmer's Market on Gray Street

no avatar
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:38 am

Downtown

New Farmer's Market on Gray Street

by Paul Mick » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:33 pm

In case you all hadn't heard, the University of Louisville and Metro Public Health have conspired to open a new farmer's market on Gray Street to bring more fresh produce to downtown Louisville.

Last week was the first week, and while it wasn't the largest market ever, it is definitely convenient for anyone who lives or works downtown. It takes place every Thursday from 11-3 on the 400 block, so skipping out to buy some fresh food during your lunch break is entirely possible. Hopefully I'll see some of you there this week.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."--J.R.R. Tolkien
no avatar
User

Eric Nunn

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:32 pm

Re: New Farmer's Market on Gray Street

by Eric Nunn » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:07 pm

I'm a long-time lurker who happens to work at UofL's School of Public Health and Information Sciences. Though obviously biased in its favor, I think the Gray Street Farmers' Market is great! For those who are interested, the school maintains a website with more information, including a list of vendors: http://louisville.edu/sphis/gsfm.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

Re: New Farmer's Market on Gray Street

by GaryF » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:22 pm

Welcome to the forum, Eric. It's always good to see a new poster.