Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Bardstown Rd. has no power.

no avatar
User

Patrick Kelting

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:39 pm

The Burbs

Bardstown Rd. has no power.

by Patrick Kelting » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:52 am

10:30am we experienced a thunderous BOOM, a flash of white-hot light & a very healthy shower of electrical sparks. A few seconds later it happened again; then the lights went out in the Douglass Loop. Apparently the same thing had happened at two other locations just to the north & south of the intersection. A passerby told me the power was out for quite aways on Bardstown heading north; another told me there was no power going south until you reach the Watterson. For now most of the businesses in the Loop are closed or are operating without power.
Does anybody have any further info?
no avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

Re: Bardstown Rd. has no power.

by Jackie R. » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:41 pm

ACK! Is this true??? It matters to me on a number of levels! Someone please report further!!!
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:50 pm

A friend that lives on Alfresco Place was involved in this outage, and she's got power back now. I'm getting ready to run up to the bank at Douglass Loop anyway, I'll report when I get back.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:40 pm

Everything seems to be back on line, Jackie - I think you're safe! Mothers, hide your sons. :mrgreen:
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist