Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Grape Leaf

no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Grape Leaf

by Kim H » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:13 pm

Having not had our Mediterranean fix on Fri., we decided to head to Grape Leaf Sat. night. I haven't eaten there in years, and when I have, it's generally to grab a gyros for take-out. But I actually wanted to sit down and eat on their wonderful patio on such a lovely evening.

We started with their hummous, which was rich and creamy. A little more tahini than I prefer, but it was good. We split meals of the Kuffteh (sp?) with Cous Cous, and the Chicken Sumac with Rice and Lentils. The Kuffteh was very good, moist and flavorful. Our only complaint was that the portion seemed a bit on the small side. My husband liked the Chicken Sumac, but I wasn't crazy about it. Way too much cinnamon for my taste, and I couldn't help but think of breakfast cereal. I prefer the taste of cinnamon to be much more subtle in a savory dish. They had actually sprinkled cinnamon on top, so maybe next time, I would ask for that step to be omitted. All-in-all, it was a good meal, and a very relaxing evening on the patio.