Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Dreamcatcher farms lamb - AMAZING!

no avatar
User

Melissa Richards-Person

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 pm

The 'burbs of the Ville

Dreamcatcher farms lamb - AMAZING!

by Melissa Richards-Person » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:00 pm

Well, fellow foodies, I had to post to extoll the virtues of the amazing local food raisers and purveyors we have in our community. Tom and I christened our deck, stained or not, furniture or not; with a great dinner to celebrate our out of town friends' visit. The centerpiece of the meal was leg of lamb from the area's own Dreamcatcher Farms. I have to say, that had to have been some of the best, most well marbled and flavorful lamb I've had since I think we were in New Zealand.

The "supporting cast" for the meal had a lot of local flavor however - Sheltowee Farms oyster mushrooms and Capreole Goat Cheese, local asparagus and butter lettuce from the St. Matthews Farmers market. It all made me remember how incredibly lucky we are to have so many people in the area who are passionate about food!

I'm sure that a few of the forumites who were there last night can second my comments on the lamb, and our incredible growers!
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Re: Dreamcatcher farms lamb - AMAZING!

by Deb Hall » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:55 pm

Melissa,

The lamb was excellent, but I expected that- I've LOVED everything I've ever bought had from them.

Wonderful time was had- Thanks so much for including us! ( You know do leaving our chairs there was just a ploy to insure we'd have an excuse for another invite to pick them up... :wink: :D . )

Deb
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:21 am

You guys may (or may not) know that Dreamcatcher Farms is Stan and Lelia Gentle, also known as the Stan's Fish Sandwich (and old St. Matthews Seafood). They are very nice people and deserve all the kudos they get. We use the Dreamcatcher lamb and beef a lot. ... it's available at both Bardstown and Beargrass farmers' markets and usually in cooler cases in Stan's. (Recently ran a side-by-side test with Dreamcatcher and Fiedler lamb chops, and the quality difference was dramatic. Not to say that the Fiedler wasn't good. It was. But the chops were much more carelessly trimmed and sized, and the meat more "gamey.")
no avatar
User

RebeccaWebb

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:54 am

Lexington, KY

by RebeccaWebb » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 pm

Melissa --

Glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable meal using local ingredients! It's people like you that make it worthwhile to keep doing what we do. :)

Thanks!
Rebecca Phillips Webb