Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Connecting Americans & Cubans through the freedom to travel

by JustinHammond » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:19 am

Off topic, but I would love to be able to eat Cuba food in Cuba.

http://www.opencuba.org/

Our Mission
Today, Americans are free to travel anywhere in the world except Cuba.

In April, President Obama took a bold step by making it easier for Cuban Americans to visit their families in Cuba. Opinion polls show that the overwhelming majority of Americans believes that all U.S. citizens should have the freedom to travel to Cuba. We agree.

The opportunity to end the 50-year travel ban now hangs in the balance. We must seize this moment and speak with a powerful, united voice. Join us in urging U.S. leaders to give all Americans the freedom to travel to Cuba.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Fernando Martinez

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:53 pm

Re: Connecting Americans & Cubans through the freedom to travel

by Fernando Martinez » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:48 pm

Hey JUSTIN I'm taking a big group of people to Cuba soon let me know, we might have room for you. Fenando. :wink:
no avatar
User

Fernando Martinez

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:53 pm

by Fernando Martinez » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:54 pm

Justin I think the main reason to go there is to see the country and meet the people, because you can actually eat better Cuban food in Miami than you do in Cuba. The only places worth the visit are call paladares these are small restaurants run in people’s houses where the food is homemade and really affordable.
no avatar
User

Nimbus Couzin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:05 pm

by Nimbus Couzin » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:49 am

The majority of people in the US would like to end the embargo, but unfortunately, US style "democracy" often ignores what the people want. (look at Single Payer Healthcare as an example).

-Nimbus, whose Grandma was born in Cuba!! Viva la revolucion.....!
Dr. Nimbus Couzin