Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Scott_Shreffler

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:05 pm

Schlafly Cask Night at Kentucky BBQ Co. June 26th

by Scott_Shreffler » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:32 pm

With Robin's permission, I wanted to let you all know about a special event that is happening at the Kentucky BBQ Company. We will be tapping a special cask of Schlafly Dry-Hopped APA on Friday June 26th, at 8 p.m. This is Schlafly's American Pale Ale. We use all American hops in the brew (Cascade, Chinook and Ahtanum) The beer will include an additional dry-hopping of Centennial and Columbus hops in cask, resulting in an intensely aromatic beer. For those of you who attended the Cafe Lou Lou tapping a couple of months ago, you know that this beer won't last very long, so make sure you get there in plenty of time. Hope to see you all there for some fantastic beer and the best BBQ in the city. Cheers all.

Scott Shreffler
Schlafly Beer
Last edited by Scott_Shreffler on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is too short to drink cheap beer.
-Hunter S. Thompson
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

Re: Schlafly Cask Night at Kentucky BBQ Co. June 26th

by Roger A. Baylor » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:47 pm

Scott, how are you pouring these? Does Lou Lou and Ky BBQ have beer engines on site?
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Scott_Shreffler

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Scott_Shreffler » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:40 am

No, neither have engines. We'll tap them on the bar with a spile and spigot. Then, we'll just let gravity take over.
-Hunter S. Thompson
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:49 am

Thanks.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:39 am

Scott_Shreffler wrote:Scott Shreffler
Schlafly Beer

Scott-just curious, are you in this area or in St. Louis? I fell in love with Schlafly (and hanging out at the Tap Room) while living there. I've been very pleased over the last few years to get Schlafly in Louisville.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

Scott_Shreffler

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Scott_Shreffler » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:57 pm

Brad, You'd be suprised by how many people come up to me here in Louisville and say they have moved here from StL. I am glad to hear you enjoy our beer. Its hard not to fall in love with the brand if you have spent any time at our Tap Room. I worked very hard, along with the many reps for our distributor, to make Schlafly a presence here in Louisville. All the work is worth it when someone, like yourself, tells me they love what we are doing. Cheers, and thanks for the kind words.
Oh, and I have been a Highlands dweller since 1991 (with about a 3 year gap where I lived in Lexington). I have actually wondered in the past if you were related to Ben Keeton. We were classmates at Atherton High School. Just wondering. Cheers.
-Hunter S. Thompson
no avatar
User

Scott_Shreffler

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Scott_Shreffler » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:55 pm

Just wanted to remind you all that this event is coming up in a couple of days. Also, the beer has changed. Instead of the Export IPA, we will be tapping a cask of Dry-Hopped APA with an additional hopping in cask of Centennial and Columbus hops. This is the same beer we tapped at Cafe Lou Lou a couple months back, but with different hops added in cask. I, for one, can't wait to try it. Should be very hoppy and very, very delicious. Hope to see you all there. Cheers.

Scott Shreffler
Schlafly Beer
-Hunter S. Thompson
no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:32 am

Scott_Shreffler wrote:Brad, You'd be suprised by how many people come up to me here in Louisville and say they have moved here from StL. I am glad to hear you enjoy our beer. Its hard not to fall in love with the brand if you have spent any time at our Tap Room. I worked very hard, along with the many reps for our distributor, to make Schlafly a presence here in Louisville. All the work is worth it when someone, like yourself, tells me they love what we are doing. Cheers, and thanks for the kind words.
Oh, and I have been a Highlands dweller since 1991 (with about a 3 year gap where I lived in Lexington). I have actually wondered in the past if you were related to Ben Keeton. We were classmates at Atherton High School. Just wondering. Cheers.

Well, thanks for getting Shlafly to the ville.

To my knowledge, I am not related to Ben Keeton. I grew up in Ashland, and don't believe any Keetons (spread largely for most of my childhood between Ashland and the Cincinnati/NKY area) I am related to reside in Louisville. Of course, there's always that off chance of some relation there.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

Scott_Shreffler

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Scott_Shreffler » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:53 pm

Okay, I apologize, but due to various circumstances, the tapping of the cask has been moved up to 8p.m., tomorrow night (Friday). I just wanted to make sure to update the time, as at the last cask event we did, the cask blew in a little over an hour. Hopefully, tomorrow will be about the same. Again, hope to see you all there tomorrow for a great evening. Cheers.

Scott Shreffler
Schlafly Beer
-Hunter S. Thompson