Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Ron Taglieri

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:07 pm

New Dessert place in Norton Commons on its way

by Ron Taglieri » Sat May 12, 2007 2:29 pm

Drove by Karem's Deli, and next to it is a sign saying that a place called Gelato Gilberto will be opening shortly.

Looks like a dessert shop. More and more people living there, so might do well, as Karems always looks full after work.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Re: New Dessert place in Norton Commons on its way

by Doogy R » Sat May 12, 2007 3:03 pm

Ron Taglieri wrote:Drove by Karem's Deli, and next to it is a sign saying that a place called Gelato Gilberto will be opening shortly.

Looks like a dessert shop. More and more people living there, so might do well, as Karems always looks full after work.

Gilberto's was at the Summit last year and they have moved to NC this year. The gelato there is fantastic and from what I've heard, the owners went back to Italy during the off season to learn how to make it even better. I am salivating as I type.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Sat May 12, 2007 3:09 pm

Mmmm....I can't wait to get some pistachio gelato from them. They make and serve authentic gelato and spent several years in Italy learning. That stuff is seriously addictive.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Addictive.

by Doogy R » Sat May 12, 2007 3:13 pm

Amy Hoover wrote:Mmmm....I can't wait to get some pistachio gelato from them. They make and serve authentic gelato and spent several years in Italy learning. That stuff is seriously addictive.

Gilberto's gelato would happen to be one of my many food addictions. And now they move the place even closer to where I reside. YAY and YUMMO.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Sat May 12, 2007 3:36 pm

I don't know if they will this summer, but last summer we served Gilberto Gelato on our dessert menu at Primo.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb