Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon May 14, 2007 11:56 am

MikeG wrote:Qdoba is horrible. Moe's obliterates that joint.

I've never been real crazy about Moe's, either, but do check out Ballyhoo. It dominates the genre, in my opinion. <b>Salsarita</b> out by the Kroger's in St. Matthews is excellent, too. And <b>La Bamba</b> Burritos Bigger Than Your Head isn't bad either, but I like their tortas better than the burritos.)
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Mon May 14, 2007 12:41 pm

Being a vegetarian who hates beans limits my options at these places. Thus why Moe's wins out with their tofu option.

I need to check out Ballyhoo's menu.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon May 14, 2007 12:59 pm

MikeG wrote:Being a vegetarian who hates beans limits my options at these places. Thus why Moe's wins out with their tofu option.

I need to check out Ballyhoo's menu.

Ah, got it. That would make a difference. I doubt you'll find much at Ballyhood that's not either animal flesh OR the musical fruit.

But Zen Garden does wonderful things with tofu.
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Mon May 14, 2007 1:04 pm

Yeah my girlfriend and I go to Zen Garden frequently.

Actually there are a ton of places we visit monthly...

Fat Tony's, Come Back Inn, Mai's Thai, Zen Garden, Ramsi's, Rich-O's, Moe's...

We definitely arent going to starve :)
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Mon May 14, 2007 1:52 pm

I liked it so I'll give it a good. Just had a small chicken burrito that came to just under $5. The food was good and fresh and I liked the chipotle sour cream as an option, the salsa bar was a nice option and the nice open front glass store front made for a nice atmosphere on a beautiful day.

Oh, and no problem with parking :roll:
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon May 14, 2007 2:08 pm

John R. wrote:Now technically she should have that little blurb about parking in each and every little review she has about eateries in that area? I am curious if she has?

I'm not sure, but it's in the back of my mind that either Lisa, or Susan Reigler, or maybe both have mentioned Bardstown Road parking as a problem in the past. I think possibly Susan mentioned it as a negative about Bardstown eateries sometimes when they used to have that little "Good > Not So Good" box alongside the story.
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Mon May 14, 2007 2:40 pm

I think a lot of folks just have a perception that the traffic in the highlands is bad. I used to have that perception also when I lived out of town and would come to visit my parents and go down into the Highlands from Fern Creek on a Friday night and the traffic is lined up all through the Highlands.

Really, Friday and Saturday evenings are the only times it gets somewhat congested.

I just learned to be patient and the traffic always moves with a good flow.
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Mon May 14, 2007 3:09 pm

Brian Curl wrote:I think a lot of folks just have a perception that the traffic in the highlands is bad. I used to have that perception also when I lived out of town and would come to visit my parents and go down into the Highlands from Fern Creek on a Friday night and the traffic is lined up all through the Highlands.

Really, Friday and Saturday evenings are the only times it gets somewhat congested.

I just learned to be patient and the traffic always moves with a good flow.

Bardstown road gets pretty gross but knowing the backstreets and the hidden parking gems, can get you in and out of there with no problems at all.
Im not a food"ie", I am a food"er".
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Mon May 14, 2007 3:57 pm

MikeG wrote:Qdoba is horrible. Moe's obliterates that joint.

I appreciate that you qualified this later that you are a vegetarian. I am sure that Qdoba is not vegetarian friendly, and that would make a big difference to you, but on the carnivorous side, I think they're fairly comparable.

I am very happy that we have fast-food chains like Moe's, Qdoba, Panera, et al. This is a fairly recent and good development, especially on the road with families.
Previous