Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Pita Hut, Yes!

no avatar
User

Damon M Barnes

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon May 18, 2009 11:54 am

Highlands

Re: Pita Hut, Yes!

by Damon M Barnes » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:02 pm

I went there today for lunch and was quite impressed. As I already had my mind set on the Gyro I didn't attempt to lunch buffet but will the next time I'm down there. The Gyro meat was done correctly, the veggies were fresh, and well...the dressing was splendid. I opted for the pasta salad as I side and absolutely loved it. Finally, the service was excellent!

My only complaint is that there could be a little more meat in the Gyro. But the quality and taste more than made up for it.
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:17 pm

Yeah, we had carry out from there Friday. Friendly service and great, cone-carved gyros and a good servicable spinach and cheese pie. Khaled is the man. Not much atmosphere, but we usually carry out since we only live a couple blocks away.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Reagan H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:52 am

Keepin on the Sunny Side, Always on the Sunny Side

by Reagan H » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:44 am

Hit the buffet! Even when I ate lunch there yesterday around 2ish, the lamb under the lights was still yummy, to where I burned my hands lifting out the pan to get the last pieces! It is kinda hidden under cloth, but there are baskets next to the buffet that have pita bread, and pita pieces to go with the salad buffet yumminess. And Khal let me try his fresh from the oven garlic/lemon chicken, which was so good... and again, he didn't know I had already eaten a piece from said buffet, and while I won't disclaim the piece from the pan was the best, the piece from the buffet was also juicy and warm. For the value, the buffet is ridonk, please think of it for your next option. Yes! :D
Previous