Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Need Graduation Lunch Help!!

no avatar
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

Need Graduation Lunch Help!!

by Suzi Bernert » Fri May 11, 2007 2:00 pm

My son is graduating from high school on Satuday 5-26. It starts at 10:00 AM at Iroquois Park Amphitheater. We are looking to go somewhere about 1:00 PM. My grandchildren, ages 6, 3 & 1 will be there. I have been going through the Louisville Originals site and find a lot are not open for Sat. lunch. The kids are usually well behaved, but I think a kid-friendly place will be in order after sitting through the ceremony (though we figured if they got antsy we could take them to the swings nearby!) .

Any thoughts? We have talked about Captain's Quarters, Cafe Lou Lou, the Bristol, BBC (sil loves non-Bud beer) and even Mike Linnigs (though son is allergic to seafood).
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Fri May 11, 2007 4:39 pm

Suzi -

Please consider Melillo's brunch, which is open until 2 on Saturdays. Great family atmosphere and plenty to choose from. They have the bocci ball court out front and the Bodega next door to explore, as well.

If you go - get the eggs benedict!
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

by Heather Y » Fri May 11, 2007 5:40 pm

Meridian cafe is open on Sat. With 5 picnic tables (large) outside if desired.
kid friendly menu!

ConGRADulatons Suzi..... my son Graduates on the 25th, and Meridian is catering for the 27th!
no avatar
User

Michele Melillo-Clem

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:26 am

East Market Street

Saturday Brunch

by Michele Melillo-Clem » Fri May 11, 2007 9:02 pm

Suzi,
We'd love to have you at Melillo's. We are absolutely family friendly and could accommodate you either inside or outside on the logia. Give us a call at 540-9975 if you would like for us to save you some space.
Regards,
Michele Melillo-Clem
It's the hand of the cook that expresses the heart.

Michele Melillo-Clem