Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Campbell's Gourmet Cottage

no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Campbell's Gourmet Cottage

by Bill Veneman » Wed May 09, 2007 9:49 am

Had the opportunity to run into Campbell's yesterday to pick up an item that Susan had ordered for me, and it reminded me how much I enjoy browsing the place....didn't have long to linger, but did have a chance to chat with Susan, and she indicated that not all of her old patrons had found the place. She also showed me the new classroom setup (WOW). If you've not been to the "new" digs over by Kroger at Westport Road and Hubbard's Lane, please do go. The place is a cooks dream. Went in for one thing, and walked out with 3. :shock:
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

Re: Campbell's Gourmet Cottage

by Steve Shade » Wed May 09, 2007 4:42 pm

Bill Veneman wrote:Had the opportunity to run into Campbell's yesterday to pick up an item that Susan had ordered for me, and it reminded me how much I enjoy browsing the place....didn't have long to linger, but did have a chance to chat with Susan, and she indicated that not all of her old patrons had found the place. She also showed me the new classroom setup (WOW). If you've not been to the "new" digs over by Kroger at Westport Road and Hubbard's Lane, please do go. The place is a cooks dream. Went in for one thing, and walked out with 3. :shock:

Sandy is going to Campbells tonight for a class by John Plymale (Porcinis) tonight. She loves the new setup and Chef John is great.

Only problem is, I may have to build a room to hold the stuff she buys. Ten percent off stuff when you take a class . We have lots of stuff.

Off the subject ... when local tomatoes become available, go to Porcinis for the tomato salad. Don't know the name they use for the dish. A LITTLE dressing and a little cheese and a lot of tomatoes. Chef John grows the heritage tomatoes that are served. Only way to do better is to pick them out of your yard and I not talking about Big Boy, etc that are nice and pretty and look like Krogers finest.