Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Clay_C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 09, 2007 8:36 am

Cafe Lou Lou on the move?

by Clay_C » Wed May 09, 2007 8:55 am

My fianncee went to MacVitties in St. Matthews for lunch yesterday, only to find the place was out of business. As she was leaving, a nice fellow came out and told her that Cafe Lou Lou would be opening in the space shortly. That's a nice upgrade for the location-Cafe Lou Lou does some really good food. I'm not sure wether this location will replace, or be in addition to, the Frankfort Ave. restaurant, but it adds a great lunch option to the area.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Cafe Lou Lou on the move?

by Robin Garr » Wed May 09, 2007 9:31 am

Clay_C wrote:My fianncee went to MacVitties in St. Matthews for lunch yesterday, only to find the place was out of business. As she was leaving, a nice fellow came out and told her that Cafe Lou Lou would be opening in the space shortly. That's a nice upgrade for the location-Cafe Lou Lou does some really good food. I'm not sure wether this location will replace, or be in addition to, the Frankfort Ave. restaurant, but it adds a great lunch option to the area.

Thanks for the scouting report. I had also heard at one point that Cafe Lou Lou was looking at the former La Rouge property on East Market, so it sounds like they're definitely thinking about either moving or expanding.

Not that there's anything wrong with their present location, other than wheelchair access.
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

Re: Cafe Lou Lou on the move?

by John R. » Wed May 09, 2007 12:03 pm

Clay_C wrote:My fianncee went to MacVitties in St. Matthews for lunch yesterday, only to find the place was out of business. As she was leaving, a nice fellow came out and told her that Cafe Lou Lou would be opening in the space shortly. That's a nice upgrade for the location-Cafe Lou Lou does some really good food. I'm not sure wether this location will replace, or be in addition to, the Frankfort Ave. restaurant, but it adds a great lunch option to the area.

The only thing I like at that place is the mezze plate. It has some kind of red stuff on it that is very nice. I can't think of the name off the top of my head.
Im not a food"ie", I am a food"er".
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Wed May 09, 2007 1:06 pm

In related news:

As i understand it, Sweet Surrender is to be moving to the space next to the current Cafe Lou Lou space.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Erin Riedel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:14 pm

Germantown

by Erin Riedel » Wed May 09, 2007 2:29 pm

Ethan Ray wrote:As i understand it, Sweet Surrender is to be moving to the space next to the current Cafe Lou Lou space.

Indeed, they are moving in July.
no avatar
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Wed May 09, 2007 3:36 pm

I know Ed has been trying to sell the MacVitties location for a while now. I hope this works out for him and for Cafe Lou Lou.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Wed May 09, 2007 4:07 pm

I wish Ed still made bread! :(
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

Clay Wallace

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:27 pm

louisville

by Clay Wallace » Wed May 09, 2007 10:08 pm

yes its true, we are moving out frankfort ave location to st matthews. While we truly love the frankfort ave location but we felt that we needed alot more parking and we needed to become handicapp accessible. I would like to thank everyone that has supported us for the first three years and hope that all will follow us. We did explore downtown and decided the time wasnt quite right. We are doing everthing possible to give the new place the "cool" cafe feel it has always had, even down to the grape green and flame red walls..... hope to see you all soon and any feedback positive or negative would and is always appreciated.

Clay Wallace

Chef/Owner

Cafe Lou Lou
no avatar
User

Clay Wallace

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville

by Clay Wallace » Wed May 09, 2007 10:10 pm

I guess I should have said we hope to open around july 1, but please continue to support the old location, we will not close until june 30th, also look for a fun party around that time....
no avatar
User

Fernando Martinez

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:53 pm

Good luck my freind.

by Fernando Martinez » Wed May 09, 2007 10:40 pm

I can't wait Clay; maybe sears ave is going to be the next restaurant road. Equus, Del Frisco, Cafe Lou Lou, Havana Rumba and a new Indian place opening in the same shopping center. How cool is that. Let me know if you need help.
no avatar
User

Jon K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:22 pm

by Jon K » Thu May 10, 2007 7:03 am

This is great news. Goose Creek Diner, Mojito, Cutting Board, Deano's new place by Costco and now LouLou. Excellent independent restaurants throughout the burbs or very nearby. I like the idea of Sears Ave as a new high density cluster of restaurants. Easy access for suburban dwellers and our urban(e) cousins.
no avatar
User

Clay Wallace

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville

by Clay Wallace » Thu May 10, 2007 9:49 am

I just read my post after a good nights sleep, as you can tell Im a chef not an english teacher....
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Thu May 10, 2007 9:57 am

Cafe Emilie is near the Sears Ave restaurant hub also!
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Thu May 10, 2007 10:04 am

now if only some people would open places like these in other areas like Jeffersonville and the South End.
no avatar
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Thu May 10, 2007 10:16 am

now if only some people would open places like these in other areas like Jeffersonville and the South End

I've not been there, but I've heard great things about Adrienne & Co. Bakery and Cafe in Jeffersonville. I think it's right on Court Street.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
Next