Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Doug W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

Karem's Pub & Grill - Anyone been there yet?

by Doug W » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:03 pm

I keep meaning to get to Karem's Pub and Grill, but I haven't been there yet. Has anyone else been there? I've driven by it - it's on the main drag in Norton Commons. Louie is a great guy and I am really looking forward to giving this place a try.

Hopefully I will be able to try it for lunch this week.

Cheers,

Doug Winkelhake
no avatar
User

Lori R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:20 pm

East End, Louisville

Karem's Pub and Grill

by Lori R. » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:02 pm

My husband and I stopped in at Karen's Pub two weeks ago. We had a great time. We sat at the bar had dinner/drinks and the people couldn't have been nicer. Louie came in at closing time and we ended up stayign another 30 minutes or so chatting with him. I enjoyed a very good bowl of beef vegetable soup and my husband had a burger that he said was excellent. Louie said next time one of us has to order the Triangle Quesadilla. Hopefully that will be soon.
User

Doug W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Hopefully going Friday...

by Doug W » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:13 am

If I make it there on Friday I will give the Triangle Quesadilla a try - sounds great!

Thanks!
User

Doug W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Ate there today

by Doug W » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:28 pm

Okay - even though there seems to be little interest, I ate at Karem's today and here's my report:

It was very good. The place has a shot-gun house feel to it as it is long and narrow. There are some stool seats and a counter along the front window. Looking from left to right, a bar takes up the left side, with about 8 stools around it. Following the bar is a glass food cooler and a cash register. The grill and prep area is behind that. The right side of the place has two-tops along the wall. In the middle of the room are five or six four-tops. The back of the place has a corridor leading to restrooms and a drink station. The place is clean and still looks brand new and nice.

The food was excellent. I had lunch with two friends; the one who had a Grilled Chicken Philly Wrap($6.95 w/chips) said "I think that's the best sandwich I ever had." I had the lunch special - grilled pork chops with two sides ($7.95). The pork chops were tasty, but not incredible. The Smashed Potatos and grilled Zucchini & Squash sides I had were very good. The Grilled Chicken Sandwich ($6.95) was reported to be "above average".

The menu is surprisingly large. There several appetizers including Chili Lime Chicken Wings ($6.95), the above mentioned Triangle Quesadillas ($6.95) as well as Potato Skins, Peel and eat shrimp and so forth. They offer soups, salads and several sandwiches - regular, subs, grilled and wraps. Sandwiches range in price from $3.95 for Bologna to $7.95 for a Grilled Mahi Mahi sandwich.

Karem's has "Dinner Time" offerings of Fried Cod, Grilled Mahi Mahi, Triangle Steak, Grilled Chicken, Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu and Fried Shrimp.

They offer the usual soft drinks. There is a full bar. There were table top listings of wine which had offerings from Toasted Head, Chateau St. Michelle, and for the White Zin fans out there - Berringer. Unfortunately there are no beers on tap, but they do have the following in bottles: Samuel Adams, Blue Moon, Corona, Corona light, and I can't remember what else, but nothing really worth mentioning.

Service was friendly, if a little busy. The place was pretty full at noon. Even though we had to wait a bit for our food, we were still in and out in just under an hour.

I recommend giving them a try, especially if you are in the mood for a sandwich. I'm looking forward to trying out them out in the evening as well.

Cheers,

Doug.