Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

New Place On Baxter

no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

New Place On Baxter

by RichardM » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:42 pm

Had a TWITTER message about a new place on Baxter Avenue. I went by and there is a lit up sign for BUNZ at 969 <North of 971 by one door but no numbers on building> Baxter Ave. The windows were covered with newspapers - possibly the last use for news print.

Anyone know what this is? When is it going to be forthcoming? Tell. Tell.

Richard

bunz.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.
no avatar
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

Re: New Place On Baxter

by Scott Hack » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:38 am

I walked by there the other day. For those familiar with the area... this is the space next to Wicks that used to be a Gyro shop. I hope they do late night!!!
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
no avatar
User

Paula B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

by Paula B » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:43 am

Bunz will hopefully be open in a few weeks. French fries &Great burgers-- fresh ground (not frozen) custom blend of hamburger, w/ several options for toppings including blue cheese, pimento , and some other interesting toppings. When I know the day we will be open, I will let you know.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:01 am

That must be in the spot that Omar's Gyros used to occupy! It's literally right next door to where I get my hair cut! I hope this place is good. I can get my hair cut, and grab a good dinner for the hubby and I.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:57 pm

I had heard a rumor about Anoosh taking over the former Omar's space to open a burger joint...

Judging by the fact that Paula B has replied and seems to know the info, and since she's our direct link to Anoosh on LHB, I'd wager that the rumor I'd heard is true?

I'm sure the people here would be quick to flock there knowing Anoosh has a hand in it!
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:02 pm

I was just thinking the same thing. Can you tell us more, Paula? Don't make us read it in the CJ! :)

Ethan Ray wrote:I had heard a rumor about Anoosh taking over the former Omar's space to open a burger joint...

Judging by the fact that Paula B has replied and seems to know the info, and since she's our direct link to Anoosh on LHB, I'd wager that the rumor I'd heard is true?

I'm sure the people here would be quick to flock there knowing Anoosh has a hand in it!
no avatar
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:38 am

Downtown

by Paul Mick » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:43 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Don't make us read it in the CJ! :)

Indeed, as they might tell us to do something illegal!

Do you know if they'll serve bison yet Paula?
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."--J.R.R. Tolkien
no avatar
User

Stacey M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:48 am

Louisville

by Stacey M » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:44 pm

Will be there be a veggie burger option? :D
no avatar
User

Paula B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

by Paula B » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:19 am

I never knew such pressure before! If you know the space, then you know it is very small, so there is limited refrigeration area. So, at this point there will only be hamburgers ,french fries & beer. The space has been majorly renovated. They hope to be open in a week or so, but it is taking a back seat to Brownings for the moment. The plan is to be open 11-11pm, and possibly later on weekends.Applications are being accepted at Brownings, 515-0172.
Thanks for the interest. Paula Barmore :D
no avatar
User

Elizabeth S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:36 pm

St. Matthews

by Elizabeth S » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:59 am

Great timing on this place. When Phil recently had his post about where to get a burger, the thought crossed my mind that this city doesnt have a true, local "burger only" joint that I know of that I have seen in other cities (I guess you could argue WW Cousins but thats not my point). I am looking forward to the opening!
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:05 am

Paula B wrote: So, at this point there will only be hamburgers ,french fries & beer. Thanks for the interest. Paula Barmore :D

That is all there really needs to be (apart from a veggie option or two). I am extremely excited about this, particularly since it is within walking distance of my home!
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY