Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Chase Thompson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:25 pm

Re: CarlyRae's for sale; price reduced to $125,000

by Chase Thompson » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:58 pm

Deb Hall wrote:Is it closed? Or just for sale? I was really looking forward to their patio when summer rolls around...

Deb

Yeah, they are still open. And the business has been for sale for quite some time now.
User

Garrett Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun May 25, 2008 9:50 am

louisville

by Garrett Hoover » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:44 pm

Hey everyone... I am one of the managers at Carly Raes and just wanted to interject on this subject, as rumors about such subjects seem to spiral into holes that are hard to dig out of. Yes we are for sale and have been for sale for well over a year now. As you know everything is for sale for the right price, and we happened to be owned by the property owners. They as has every one else been hit hard by our current fiscal situation and are looking for someone else to take over. We are not closing and are actually in better shape now than we were this same time last year. last year we had to fight similar rumors that had been printed in food and dine magazine which has never printed a retraction after reporting that we had closed. And after going through that last year I would like to just nip this one in the bud before it goes to far. As everyone knows it is hard enough to try and make a go of it in the restaurant industry, but too try when people already have you closed is just extra stress that nobody needs. As for Jon and Suzi, I can only apologize for your experience and wish you would come back by and introduce yourself as I am always glad to meet a fellow foodie. Thanks everyone that has supported us and we wish all other indies best of luck this year.
It's all fun and games till someone puts an eye out! Then it's just fun and games you can't see!
User

NDDuncan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:24 pm

by NDDuncan » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:57 pm

Hi Garrett!

I was wondering when you would post on this thread :wink: !
I remembered you telling me last year it was for sale but you guys were running
it till it sold, just like now - I just didn't want to speak out of turn in case things had changed.
Glad to see they haven't! My hubby & I (+ friends) are dying to hear some jazz on that
patio soon!! Let me know when the music starts outdoors - we're there.

Tell Steph hey :) for me!
Nancy Duncan
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:53 am

Thanks for clearing that up, Garrett. I also look forward to the patio this summer.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

Paul Pfister

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:57 pm

greater Germantown

by Paul Pfister » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:27 pm

Just wanted to give a big shout out and thank you to CarlyRae's for this past Saturday. After an enjoyable day at the track, 30 of us descended on the best patio in the city. Our server, Adam took drink orders, brought water, took app and entree orders, served said orders correctly and all without missing a beat. Everyone I spoke with enjoyed their food and commented that it was at the right temp, so it wasn't sitting under some heat lamp waiting to go out. Thanks again to Adam and all the kitchen staff for a stellar finish to a perfect day.
"a pinch or a pound, a tad or a ton"-Nuts n Stuff
User

NDDuncan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:24 pm

by NDDuncan » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:12 pm

I, too, enjoy the food at Carly Rae's and agree they have the
best patio in the city!
Nancy Duncan
Previous