Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Matthew Landan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:17 pm

331 East Market Street

by Matthew Landan » Thu May 10, 2007 9:16 am

I really like this guy: He makes perfect sense.... NOT!

combat vets

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:51 am Post subject:
OJ and Hilary what a perfect pair. a liberal for OJ and a liar for Hilary

His rant against liberals and democrats was really surreal in the CJ's comments about this specific issue.

Ah my sweet Kentucky Home... you grow some wingnuts in the bluegrass
Owner
Haymarket
331 E. Market St.

Since I came down from Oregon, there's a lesson or two I've learned
Oh, oh the Pride of Cucamonga, of, of silver apples in the sun,
Yes, it's me, I'm the Pride of Cucamonga, I can see golden forests in the sun.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu May 10, 2007 9:21 am

I love the nutjobs who can't stop themselves from writing about how liberal the C-J is when it is owned by Gannett Corp, a very conservative company. Oh well, probably good they are venting all of their misplaced anger at the paper instead of coming to work with an assault rifle.

In defense of my home state, I don't think these freaks are unique to Kentucky.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu May 10, 2007 9:38 am

Ron Johnson wrote:I love the nutjobs who can't stop themselves from writing about how liberal the C-J is when it is owned by Gannett Corp, a very conservative company. Oh well, probably good they are venting all of their misplaced anger at the paper instead of coming to work with an assault rifle.

In defense of my home state, I don't think these freaks are unique to Kentucky.

Absolutely! Although it does sometimes seem that we have more than our fair share of them.

The really pitiful thing here is that this clearly reveals how Gannett's dumbing-down has built a new constituency for the once great newspapers.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu May 10, 2007 6:10 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:I love the nutjobs

In a somewhat related matter, I'm starting to get a surprising number of E-mails, most of them ignorant and borderline (or beyond) racist, from knuckle-draggers who think that clicking on my Jeff Ruby review will somehow magically get their congratulatory E-mails through to Jeff.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Thu May 10, 2007 6:19 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:I love the nutjobs

In a somewhat related matter, I'm starting to get a surprising number of E-mails, most of them ignorant and borderline (or beyond) racist, from knuckle-draggers who think that clicking on my Jeff Ruby review will somehow magically get their congratulatory E-mails through to Jeff.

I was thinking it might be fun to ask you to sanitize them and post them but, in retrospect, I see no reason to perpetuate any sort of idiocy that sounds like racism.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu May 10, 2007 6:24 pm

TP Lowe wrote:I was thinking it might be fun to ask you to sanitize them and post them but, in retrospect, I see no reason to perpetuate any sort of idiocy that sounds like racism.

I went through the identical thought process. ;)

They were pretty much predictable, though. "Good job!" with a few epithets added.
no avatar
User

Fred Kunz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:36 pm

nancy grace

by Fred Kunz » Thu May 10, 2007 7:39 pm

did anyone see her intreview? i liked the part where she said she did some
research and was was going in for dinner when she was in chicago ....lol
no avatar
User

John T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 05, 2007 12:30 pm

by John T » Thu May 10, 2007 11:10 pm

this whole thing with OJ and Jeff Ruby is nothing more than a publicity stunt for Ruby. This story has gone international...what more can you say..
no avatar
User

Barb T.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:47 pm

South End

by Barb T. » Fri May 11, 2007 5:27 am

I made it to the end of the thread (for now) and want to add my two cents while I can. O.J. Simpson is a male human (leaving manhood out of it),
who is proven to have brutally beaten his wife, the mother of his children, and after she dies a bloody death (possibly by his hand) he puts out a book detailing how he would have committed her bloody murder (if he had done it) and tried to profit from it. Plus, considering what he allegedly did to the waiter, Ron Goldman, well, had I been a Server at Jeff Ruby's that nite...
However, I really do agree with all the comments that support the decisions made by Jeff Ruby as well as the other restaurant/restaurants'
decision to serve him. Btw, did anyone notice that the CNN scenes of the murder scene walkway...maybe I was seeing things but I think they showed a picture taken before she was removed from the steps. Maybe I'm losing it due to the graphic nature of the scene.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Fri May 11, 2007 7:08 am

John T wrote:this whole thing with OJ and Jeff Ruby is nothing more than a publicity stunt for Ruby. This story has gone international...what more can you say..

You might be right, but how did you find out that he asked O.J. to leave because he knew that the C-J would write about it and that it would be picked up by the A.P. and then carried by a bunch of other news outlets? I mean, if Jeff Ruby has that kind of foresight, he needs to be on Wall Street instead of the restaurant business.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri May 11, 2007 7:14 am

Ron Johnson wrote:You might be right, but how did you find out that he asked O.J. to leave because he knew that the C-J would write about it and that it would be picked up by the A.P. and then carried by a bunch of other news outlets? I mean, if Jeff Ruby has that kind of foresight, he needs to be on Wall Street instead of the restaurant business.

You are correct that none of us knows what was in Ruby's mind, and as with most human actions, he probably had a mix of motives. But as a media-savvy guy, he had to know that it would be very easy to pick up publicity if word leaked out ... and even to arrange a quick leak.

Did anyone read today's CJ follow-up story down to the end, by the way? It gets ... interesting.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Fri May 11, 2007 7:19 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Did anyone read today's CJ follow-up story down to the end, by the way? It gets ... interesting.

Drat - we've been discovered. Does that mean you are going to start selling Cialysis ads on the site, Robin?
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Fri May 11, 2007 7:23 am

TP Lowe wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:

Drat - we've been discovered. Does that mean you are going to start selling Cialysis ads on the site, Robin?

Except someone needs to tell the reporter or editor how to spell Seviche
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri May 11, 2007 7:25 am

TP Lowe wrote:Drat - we've been discovered. Does that mean you are going to start selling Cialysis ads on the site, Robin?

Newp!

But tell me this: Am I being hyper-sensitive, or did the editors set up the report in such a way as to make the average reader believe that the quoted excerpts from Chef Dave and others were posted on the CJ's Website? It sure read that way to me, but as I said, I'm paranoid ...
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri May 11, 2007 7:26 am

Suzi Bernert wrote:Except someone needs to tell the reporter or editor how to spell Seviche

That was a particularly careless mistake. I wonder if the editors missed it, or changed it to make it wrong?
PreviousNext