Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

What's up with Lilly's ?

no avatar
User

John T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 05, 2007 12:30 pm

What's up with Lilly's ?

by John T » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:48 pm

In the last 3 months, my wife and I have attempted to dine at Lilly's, only to be turned away because of early closing. I am a later in the evening diner...8 - 9:30. Last week though was the last time I will attempt. We arrived at 9:15 last Wednesday night and were told the kitchen had been closed since 8:30. As a chef,I know there are times when lack of business dictates closing early every now and then, but this seems to be happening with frequency. I hope the staff from there will realize they are losing customers because of this. I love Cathy's food and would hate to see her close.
no avatar
User

David A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: What's up with Lilly's ?

by David A » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:40 pm

I am a strong advocate of sticking to the hours of operation posted. If I attempt to dine at a place that has decided to close earlier than advertised, I usually will not return. At Varanese, I have never closed early even once. we serve untill 11pm on the week days and midnight on Fri and Sat. This is the time we stop seating, not serving.
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:21 pm

I'm with David. I would not think to call a restaurant to see if they were "still open" during posted dining hours. And I would be extremely disappointed to arrive and find a restaurant/store/ etc NOT open during their posted hours ( except for an emergency like a funeral...). I know how hard that is as an owner when you are paying people with no revenue, but we never closed our place early. Period.

Deb
no avatar
User

Carolyne Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:22 am

by Carolyne Davis » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:56 am

I agree, if hours are posted, then you need to stay open no matter what or change the hours permanently.

Slightly off topic, isn't Cathy Carey's hubby a musician? What is his name? This has been driving me nuts for a while now! Thanks!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:07 am

Not to be pedantic or a trouble-maker, but just to set the record straight, their family name is "Cary."

Carolyne Davis wrote:I agree, if hours are posted, then you need to stay open no matter what or change the hours permanently.

Slightly off topic, isn't Cathy Carey's hubby a musician? What is his name? This has been driving me nuts for a while now! Thanks!
no avatar
User

BradJ

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:51 pm

by BradJ » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:56 am

Hi all!

As of the end of May, I have taken the General Manager position here at Lilly's Bistro. I must admit I'm very saddened to hear of the previous issues with attempting to dine with us. I would like to assure everyone that it is my policy to adhere to our posted times of operation. I have discussed this matter with Kathy extensively and she agrees fully!

In addition, I invite everyone to come and see some of the exiting new additions to all of our menus!

New open-faced pork tenderloin sandwich at lunch.
New burger and a chicken dish for dinner, along with an ever evolving Tapas menu (more extensive on Tapas Tuesdays!)
We've also begun adding craft beers to our offerings, along with exiting new cocktail and wine menus.

Stop by and say hi! I look forward to meeting everyone.

Brad Jennings
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:59 am

And yet another reason why this is a valuable website for restaurants and their enthusiasts!
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

John T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 05, 2007 12:30 pm

by John T » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:21 pm

Brad, I glad someone from Lilly's finally took notice about closing times. From the non-response of the gripe, I was beginning to think no one cared. I had stated my last visit was the last. Since someone is cognizant about the problem, I will be back for some of your great food!!! Thank you for responding.