Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Heather Loehr

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:51 am

open until 10 or later tonight?

by Heather Loehr » Mon May 07, 2007 2:44 pm

Hi all,

This is my first post to the forum. I actually live up north, near Madison, IN.

I'm going to be picking up a job candidate at the airport this evening and taking her to dinner. Her flight is running about 2 hours late so we wouldn't be getting to a restaurant until 9 or shortly thereafter.

It's a Monday; it's the Monday after Derby... does anybody know who would be open tonight for dinner until 10 or later tonight? Ethnic is fine; vegetarian-friendly is a plus.

Thanks much! 8)
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville

Ramsi's

by TanyaD » Mon May 07, 2007 2:53 pm

Ramsi's is open until 1am and has a very diverse menu:

http://www.ramsiscafe.com/ramsis.html
no avatar
User

Heather Loehr

{ RANK }

Just got here

by Heather Loehr » Mon May 07, 2007 3:12 pm

Excellent! Thank you!
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Open on Monday

by Deb Hall » Mon May 07, 2007 3:24 pm

Not to suggest that Tanya is wrong, but I 'd be sure to make a call ahead to check to any place you are planning on going tonight. Derby is a VERY long weekend for some places and they may be adjusting normal hours this week to give employees (and owners) some downtime.

Deb
User

Leann C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Highlands

by Leann C » Mon May 07, 2007 3:34 pm

If Ramsi's is closed, you might try the Bristol (Bardstown Rd.). They are normally open until 1am on Mondays, but as Deb suggested, I'd call first.
http://www.bristolbarandgrille.com/bris ... innermenu/
no avatar
User

Fernando Martinez

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:53 pm

Mojito

by Fernando Martinez » Mon May 07, 2007 4:04 pm

Mojito is open until 10:00pm and we are vegetarian friendly. Thanks Fernando.

Mojito Tapas Resataurant.
2231 Holiday Manor Center, 40222
(502)425-0949
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Mon May 07, 2007 4:25 pm

FYI: If you are not familiar with Mojito's location, it's very easy access from the airport- only 2 blocks off the Watterson at Brownsboro (rt 22 Exit). And of course, it's been getting RAVE reviews. Not sure about the reservation situation though...

Deb
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Mon May 07, 2007 4:39 pm

As many on here know, Diamante in the Highlands is also a great option for dining later than usual.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon May 07, 2007 5:23 pm

Brian Curl wrote:As many on here know, Diamante in the Highlands is also a great option for dining later than usual.

I almost mentioned that, because it's one of the best late-night dining options. Dunno if they're open on Mondays, though. Same goes for Asiatique's downstairs lounge: Great option, but is it open Mondays?

More downscale on Bardstown, don't forget Spinelli's and La Bamba ("Burritos Bigger Than Your Head"). Fine chow, open essentially all night, affordable, but very un-fancy.
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Mon May 07, 2007 6:52 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Same goes for Asiatique's downstairs lounge: Great option, but is it open Mondays?

...On a Monday night, as long as it's before 10pm, you're probably safe to hit Lounge A @ Asiatique.
Any later, and the kitchen is likely to have closed, or be shutting down.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
User

DeeDee D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:48 pm

Sellersburg, IN

by DeeDee D » Mon May 07, 2007 7:35 pm

Limestone offers free wine pairings after 9:00 w/ chefs choice menu.
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Tue May 08, 2007 2:33 am

It's too late for tonight, I know, but....I hope everyone keeps in mind that L&N is open 7 days a week - Mondays they close at 11 PM.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue May 08, 2007 6:47 am

Marsha L. wrote:It's too late for tonight, I know, but....I hope everyone keeps in mind that L&N is open 7 days a week - Mondays they close at 11 PM.

And among many other good things, they've got an <i>incredibly good</i> strawberry tiramisu ... ;)
no avatar
User

Heather Loehr

{ RANK }

Just got here

by Heather Loehr » Tue May 08, 2007 8:42 am

Thanks, all, for the suggestions! It's nice to know what late-night options are available. I'm especially wanting to check out Mojito, and L&N wine bar (wish I'd known about that before I left. Strawberry tiramisu??)

As it turned out, her flight was even more delayed, so we found ourselves at Proof. The bar menu was quite good and we enjoyed a relaxed late meal and conversation.