Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville

by TanyaD » Mon May 07, 2007 11:39 am

Just noticed they have put up the signs for the Lentini's offshoot in the former Buckehead's location--it will be called Da Vinci Ristorante. One would assume the opening shall be soon.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Sign up at former Buckhead's on Shelbyville Rd.

by Robin Garr » Mon May 07, 2007 12:15 pm

TanyaD wrote:Just noticed they have put up the signs for the Lentini's offshoot in the former Buckehead's location--it will be called Da Vinci Ristorante. One would assume the opening shall be soon.

This was mentioned in the "Comings and Goings" section of the new Food & Dining. The new Lentini's owners are really expanding!

Here's a snippet:

"<I>The folks who recently reopened Lentini's ... are expanding fast, with two more restaurants under the same management coming soon. They expect to open Milano Café, 962 Baxter Avenue, before Derby, following a rough battle with the bureaucrats over its liquor license. Look for a casual venue with the emphasis on pasta, and local delivery on a signature Italian Vespa motor scooter. Out in the East End, DaVinci by Lentini's, 10430 Shelbyville Road, is on the drawing boards for the former Buckhead Mountain Grill location.</i>"
no avatar
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

Oops!

by TanyaD » Mon May 07, 2007 12:29 pm

Must have missed that article! :oops:
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Oops!

by Robin Garr » Mon May 07, 2007 1:49 pm

TanyaD wrote:Must have missed that article! :oops:

Nuthin' to be embarrassed about! Did your Food & Dining come yet?

I also wonder if they made their Derby deadline with the Baxter shop - has anyone been by there lately?
no avatar
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

Cafe Milano

by Suzi Bernert » Mon May 07, 2007 1:58 pm

We drove by Derby morning - must have missed your "appearance" at the Farmer's Market - and the sign said it was open.
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Cafe Milano

by Robin Garr » Mon May 07, 2007 2:06 pm

Suzi Bernert wrote:must have missed your "appearance" at the Farmer's Market

Security was very heavy because of my "no cellphone photos" rule, and Queen Elizabeth's people were driving me crazy because she wanted to get in the pictures with me. Run away! :roll:

the sign said it was open.

Excellent, thanks!
no avatar
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

Ahh..

by TanyaD » Mon May 07, 2007 2:45 pm

Actually, I have not received the latest issue, but I was perusing back issues this weekend, so I guess that's why I thought I missed it! Can't wait to get it, though!
no avatar
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

Re: Oops!

by Jay M. » Mon May 07, 2007 11:39 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
TanyaD wrote:Must have missed that article! :oops:

Did your Food & Dining come yet?

Mine came today, so hang in there, Tanya.

We went to Limestone's brunch yesterday with our Derby guest in tow. I noticed that the gentlemen at the table next to us had a couple of magazines he was perusing as he waited for the check. One was Louisville Food & Dining. So, today I see the cover story is on Louisville brunches! I believe the mag is placed in many hotel rooms around town, so I was speculating he picked it up in his room to research dining options. I've said it before: the magazine is a gem.
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Tue May 08, 2007 6:30 am

Who publishes it?
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue May 08, 2007 6:45 am

carla griffin wrote:Who publishes it?

The publisher of <I>Food & Dining</i> is John C. White, Carla. It enjoys a sort of sibling relationship with LouisvilleHotBytes, as we work closely with them and, wearing another of my hats, I serve the magazine as editor-in-chief. You can find a link to the <I>Food & Dining</i> home page in the upper-right corner of every forum page.
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Got mine in the mail yester

by Bill Veneman » Tue May 08, 2007 8:29 am

Robin, it looks very slick......I do enjoy the mag, and what it has to offer......will probably "digest" the content this week. Especially intrigued by the cover story, since I'm such a "Brunch-o-phile"
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.