Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Come Back Inn

no avatar
User

Mike M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:45 am

Jeffersonville

Come Back Inn

by Mike M » Sun May 06, 2007 2:34 am

Living in Jeffersonville I really don't have many options for a non-chain dinner, and with the exception of Pizza King, which I love, but my wife hates, no good pizza either, until now I got a pizza the other night from "The Come Back Inn" on Spring street here in Jeffersonville, and it was great, if I had anything negative to say it would only be that the sauce was almost non existent, but still yet the crust cheese and topping were flawless, and the little sauce I did taste was quite nice as well. i highly recommend TCBI to all living on this side of the river, but you may want to ask for extra sauce.
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Sun May 06, 2007 6:39 pm

Well you aren't very far at all from here: http://www.newalbanian.com/ where you can get one of the best pizza's in the area in my opinion and definetely the best beers in the area.
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Mon May 07, 2007 8:05 am

Yes, Rich-O's is the best pizza you can get around here.

I like the rest of the menu at the Come Back Inn. While their pizza is good, I just have to be in a certain mood for theirs. The Greco Pasta is top notch.

Also in Jeff if you want to avoid chains is Tubby's over in the old Quadrangle. It's average fare pizza but beats the pants off the chains or Pizza King.
no avatar
User

BrianW

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:30 pm

Behind Enemy Lines in the 9th District

Another opinion...

by BrianW » Mon May 07, 2007 11:25 am

My wife and I live in Jeff., and decidedly agree there is a serious lacking in good pizza on this side. We have been to all of them and feel Come Back has the 'best' offering (which we enjoy), it's just not Impellizeris or Cliftons. At one time, there was an announcement that Wicks would build in the Quadrangle, but that has been along time ago now and seems not to be. As for Sportstime or Tubbys, um no thanks, been there and tried them.

Regards,
Brian
Last edited by BrianW on Mon May 07, 2007 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liberalism is a 'no brainer'.
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Twin Cities, MN

Re: Another opinion...

by MikeG » Mon May 07, 2007 12:08 pm

BrianW wrote:My wife and I live in Jeff., and decidely agree there is a serious lacking in good pizza on this side. We have been to all of them and feel Come Back has the 'best' offering (which we enjoy), it's just not Impellizeris or Cliftons. At one time, there was an announcement that Wicks would build in the Quadrangle, but that has been along time ago now and seems not to be. As for Sportstime or Tubbys, um no thanks, been there and tried them.

Regards,
Brian

OH I see you dont want good pizza...

:P

j/k to each their own.
no avatar
User

BrianW

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:30 pm

Behind Enemy Lines in the 9th District

choices

by BrianW » Mon May 07, 2007 12:51 pm

This is just us... there are other aspects of the two I mentioned that contribute to their lack of endorsement, not just the product.

Regards,
Brian
Liberalism is a 'no brainer'.
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Mon May 07, 2007 1:05 pm

Honestly the only time I get Tubby's is when I want delivery at home and the chains all suck.
no avatar
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Mon May 07, 2007 1:08 pm

I thought Tubby went to Minnesota :o
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Mon May 07, 2007 1:18 pm

At least he's up there with a good pizza palce, that being Pizza Luce.
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

Re: choices

by Roger A. Baylor » Mon May 07, 2007 9:23 pm

BrianW wrote:This is just us... there are other aspects of the two I mentioned that contribute to their lack of endorsement, not just the product.Regards, Brian

Obviously I'd be interested in knowing the other aspects in the case of NABC/Rich O's/Sportstime. If you're interested in divulging, feel free to e-mail me privately.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Tony D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:29 am

by Tony D. » Tue May 08, 2007 3:09 am

Another pizza thread! Not that I care to debate who has the best pizza, to each his own, or the differences between the two Come Back Inn's. However, I will tell you that I haven't had a properly sauced pizza since I worked for Mr. Gatti's 25 years ago. I want the sauce that squirts out when you bite the pizza and scalds half your cheek. Lacking that, never order anything at Come Back Inn without a side of marinara sauce (currently free). Dip their little wood oven pizzas in that and you have a good pie.