Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Matt F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:51 pm

Louisville

Re: Jeff Ruby's - An Electric Kool Aid Acid Test

by Matt F » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Phil Gissen wrote: I would drink beer and crack stupid jokes making fun of all of them in their bright orange, prison get up. They loved it!

Why enjoying duck confit makes me "high falutin" I just don't get, and this is why I know that Louisville cannot be a permanent place for me. It seems I will have a difficult time being accepted for who I am.

a) You made jokes at other people's expense, and it was funny AND you guys had a good time with it?!?!?!
THAT'S CRAZY TALK!

b) semantics were fun to me up until about the 5th grade
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

~Tom Waits
no avatar
User

Phil Gissen

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:54 am

by Phil Gissen » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:24 pm

Matt F,
You are much too esoteric for me. I don't get your point, other then any one must be crazy to laugh at themselves. Thus, self-deprecating humor, in the Seinfeld, Woody Allen vein, must be all for mentally ill people. Also, since you left the study of semantics in fifth grade, the New York Times crossword puzzle must be for fifth graders.
"The Sea Was Angry That Day, My Friends, like an Old Man Trying to send Back Soup in a Deli."
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:29 pm

"Young lady?" Unless there is something incredibly obvious in her language that I have missed, you have issued fighting words (yet again) from some corners. Bear the consequences ....
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:20 pm

The wife and I stopped in for drinks and apps after Worldfest and had a mixed experience. The service, atmosphere, and music were all fantastic, but the food and drink prices were hit and miss.

Robbie Bartlett was the band and is a must see.
http://www.robbiebartlett.com/

Charcoal Herb Grilled Oysters - 11
Nueske's Bacon, Garlic & Pecorino Romano

Fantastic, worth a trip alone. 10/10

Crispy Duck Ravioli - 10
Duck Leg Confit, Mushrooms, Brandy Cream & Port Wine Reduction

Borderline bad, a mess of a dish. 6/10

Founder's Red's Rye were $6.50 each and pricing was not on the menu. A six pack (package store) is $10 and singles (restaurant) usually run around $4. I thought the $6.50 price tag was approaching crazytown.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
Previous