Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Who'd like to tour Burgundy with me in July?

by Robin Garr » Sat May 05, 2007 9:46 am

Last call for our tour!

Getting right to the point, if you've been thinking about joining our Burgundy tour, it's time to decide.

A group of WineLoversPage.com readers will be joining me July 2-7 for a memorable weeklong stay in Burgundy, featuring excellent meals and comfy accommodations, with VIP-style winery tours. But we still have a few empty places at the dinner table, and it would be a shame to go out with the group less than full.

Although the tour is still two months off, we need final commitments in order to complete the itinerary and make advance reservations. So if you've been sitting on the fence and trying to decide, I would urge you to get in touch in the next few days to sign on or ask any final questions that you may have. You can reach me directly at wine@wineloverspage.com, and I would be delighted to hear from you.

This summer is an exceptionally exciting time for a visit because just about every producer has its 2005 vintage on sale. The more of the Burgundies I taste from this excellent year, the more enthusiastic I am about it. In contrast with 2003, which offered highly rated but weirdly atypical Burgundies, 2005 is shaping up as a modern classic, with consistently full yet beautifully structured wines, clean and showing both lovely fruit and intriguing minerality: Burgundy at its best.

Better still, 2005 is a rising tide that lifts virtually all boats: The high-end wines are remarkable (and will reward long aging). But even the simpler villages wines and generic Bourgogne have been exceptional in 2005. Frankly, publicity about this excellent vintage has pushed up prices, making our opportunity to taste a lot of this wine during our week in Burgundy even more attractive.

Again, we are just about out of time to take reservations for this unforgettable tour. We've done everything possible to ensure a luxurious week in Burgundy at a budget price. If a once-in-a-lifetime visit to one of the world's greatest wine regions, with yours truly as travel companion and guide, sounds good to you, please get in touch pronto. For more details on the itinerary, see
http://www.wineloverspage.com/tour/

I'll be delighted to discuss the tour with you in more detail. Please don't hesitate to write me at my wine-related mailbox, wine@wineloverspage.com ... and if you would rather chat by phone, simply send me your number and let me know a good time to call.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Vineyard Dreaming.....

by Deb Hall » Sat May 05, 2007 9:51 am

Oh god, that sounds wonderful, Robin!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, two kids and the store preclude my being able to attend, but if I was able to tour France for wine tasting, there is no one I would enjoy doing it with more: both for your knowledge and your company.

Those of you who get to go are truly lucky: it's going to be the trip of a lifetime....

Deb Hall