Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

RiVue

no avatar
User

Danny E.

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:29 pm

RiVue

by Danny E. » Fri May 04, 2007 9:05 am

Looks like the Galt House is revamping their restaurants. I must say, the Galt House has really changed for the better in the past few years. I'm really impressed with it...plus it's locally owned.

http://www.wtvq.com/midatlantic/tvq/hom ... -0001.html

RiVue
THE GALT HOUSE HOTEL & SUITES
ONE RIVERFRONT PLAZA
LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY 40202

APPETIZERS

IMPERIAL CRAB CROQUANT Fresh Dungeness crabmeat croquette on beds of wilted spinach with smoked Spanish paprika aïoli and basil oil. --$10.95

PAN CRUSTED JUMBO SEA SCALLOPS Three pan seared scallops with purées of roasted red bell pepper, golden bell pepper and asparagus. --$11.95

TENDERLOIN OF BEEF CARPACCIO Paper thin slices of rare beef drizzled with white truffle oil. Accompanied by a fennel citrus salad and shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano. --$12.95

CHEF’S CHARCUTERIE INSIRATIONS An assortment of delicacies, consisting of duck liver mousse, pâté à la mâison, white cheddar beer cheese, seafood sausage and Kentucky bourbon chow-chow. --$14.95

PEAR AND WALNUT CROSTINI Walnut crusted French bread with Gorgonzola dolce, fig jam and baby pears poached in port. --$9.95

JUMBO SHRIMP MARTINI Chilled U-10 shrimp with house made cocktail salsa and horseradish cream. --$12.95

RIVUE FOR TWO a chilled assortment of Alaskan king crab legs,fresh oysters on the half shell and jumbo shrimp served with our house made cocktail salsa and horseradish cream. --$Market Price

SOUPS

BULL ISLAND OYSTER STEW A Low Country classic of rich cream broth, pancetta and fresh oysters topped with toasted benne seeds. --$6.95

ASPARAGUS BISQUE Served with Dungeness crab and lobster slaw. --$7.95

SALADS

LIMESTONE BIBB SALAD Locally grown Bibb lettuce with crispy Kentucky country ham,fresh melon and grilled asparagus tossed in a sour mash vinaigrette. --$6.95

TUSCAN-BEAN SALAD Lightly grilled Romaine lettuce with white beans, roasted vegetables and a Dijon vinaigrette. Served with a Parmesan crisp. --$6.95

MEDITERRANEAN FETA SALAD Our version consists of baby iceberg lettuce, hearts of palm, tear drop tomatoes, kalamata olives and feta cheese with a creamy cucumber dill vinaigrette. --$7.95

RIVUE SALAD Vine ripened tomato filled with Capriole Farm’s goat cheese and golden raisins. Gently roasted, finished with basil oil and daikon micro greens. --$8.95

ENTRÉES

FILET OF BEEF Grilled, seven ounce filet of Black Angus beef with fresh potato gnocchi and Roma tomato confit. Finished with a sage beurre blanc. $37.95

KANSAS CITY STRIP a 16oz center cut bone in strip steak grilled to perfection and finished with garlic-herb butter and truffle fries $36.95

SHRIMP LINGUINE AGLIO Jumbo shrimp sautéed with garlic, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, arugula, pancetta and linguine. $24.95

CHICKEN PORCINI Boneless breast of chicken filled with porcini mushrooms, Boursin cheese and red grapes. Served with a Merlot reduction. $25.95

TYNHENIAN SEA BASS Sautéed fillet of Sea Bass, marinated in orange juice and soy sauce. Accompanied by a stir fry of fresh vegetables. $30.95

PORK BRESCIA Sautéed medallions of pork, angel hair pasta, shiitakes and a light Dijon cream sauce. $25.95

PORTABELLA NAPOLEON Layers of roasted tomatoes, spinach and fresh buffalo mozzarella, with a Balsamic reduction. $25.95

SEARED YELLOW FIN TUNA Pan seared in olive oil and soy finished with soy beurre blanc, baby boc choy and crispy soba noodle cake. $28.95

LAMB OSSO BUCCO Lamb shanks slowly braised in white wine with lemon and anchovies. Served on white truffle infused risotto. $25.95

CHICKEN BACCALA’ Boneless breast of chicken, smoked mozzarella and arugula wrapped in Kentucky country ham. Finished with a red eye gravy demi-glace. $25.95

LOBSTER LIMBARO Twin lobster tails filled with Dungeness crabmeat. Topped with smoked Hungarian paprika butter. $59.95

CAPELLI D’ANGELO Sautéed scallops, lobster, Dungeness crabmeat and jumbo shrimp in a dry sherry infused Thermidor cream sauce. Served on a bed of sun-dried tomato angel hair pasta. $30.95
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: RiVue

by Robin Garr » Fri May 04, 2007 9:14 am

Danny E. wrote:Looks like the Galt House is revamping their restaurants.

Hmm ... the proof of the pudding, of course, is in the eating. Curious that this news broke on a Lexington TV station. I was just commenting in another thread that the Galt House appears to have retained a PR firm based in Cincinnati ... maybe they don't know the difference between Lexington and Louisville?
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Fri May 04, 2007 9:37 am

Sounds interesting, but those prices are out there. I always thought the Flagship was the most overpriced restaurant in town.
User

BDKollker

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:38 pm

Outside the Box Nashvegas

Still in the 80's

by BDKollker » Fri May 04, 2007 10:33 am

No matter how "new" they try to make, it the wording of the menu still takes you back to the 80's. How many times are the words; served, topped, and accompanied by used? And prices may be a little high, but you have to remember its a Hotel.
Blake Kollker

Blakekollker.com
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Still in the 80's

by Robin Garr » Fri May 04, 2007 10:42 am

bdkollker wrote:[rices may be a little high, but you have to remember its a Hotel.

D'oh! :roll:
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Fri May 04, 2007 11:06 am

I met someone after work one day last week for a glass of wine in the new "atrium" looking space that connects the two GHs. I was very disappointed in how casual it is, including the furniture and fixtures. My impression was it would be very upscale, but I'm not sure why I thought so. However, I echo the previous comment about how thankful I am that the Mosley family has spent so much on capital improvements there in recent years.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Fri May 04, 2007 11:10 am

I played and sang in the new bar there a couple times...it might be nice for a casual drink, etc, but it's not set up at all for any entertainment, which is a shame. The roof leaked the whole time, and as soon as the sun set the place was pitch dark! Nobody knew how to adjust the lighting nor if they could. I couldn't even see the controls on my keyboard.
If any musicians read this, be sure you take your own lighting ! It would be a great place for an occasional ballroom dance.
no avatar
User

Sue H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 05, 2007 12:08 am

by Sue H » Sat May 05, 2007 3:21 pm

I am hired as a server for the RiVue which will be opening in June and I have worked in a few fine dining restaurants in the city. The new restaurant is breathtaking and gorgeous and I do believe it will definately take the city of Louisville by surprise. The innovative motif is something one can only experience in larger cities like Chicago and NYC and the cuisine compliments it as well. I assure you everyone should be "waiting on the edge of their seat" for the RiVue to open. :)