Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Krista K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:21 am

downtown, louisville, ky, usa

Re: First Visit: NABC Bank Street Brewhouse

by Krista K » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:19 am

Ed Vermillion wrote:I'll be on the lookout, John but I'll probably be there around opening. Anybody else interested in Lunch?

I'll be working... Please say 'Hi!'
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:59 pm

Roger A. Baylor wrote:We are in the process of adding a handful of liquors. This will be proceeding slowly as we research and discuss the choices. We'd like to have quality spirits from non-corporate producers when possible, and we are not going to attempt a "full" bar in the sense of mixers and cocktails. It may take a few more weeks to get this process right. We've never done it before.

Wine is the same story. We'd like to have only Southern Indiana wines, and no one has time to do the research and sourcing, so it's moving slowly. We'll get there. Work is about to resume on the exterior of the building, which means there should be outdoor seating soon when the weather breaks (in addition to opening the doors).

Keep me posted about your plans, and we'll work something out.

Thanks, Roger, and will do. We're already heading to the Seelbach today (well, they are, my work load is such that I have no idea if I'll make it). Either way, we'll put something together for April. It's usually a group of 10-15, sometimes less, so I'll let you know in advance in case you think you can, or cannot, accomodate us.

If you need any help picking your bourbons, I'm willing to offer my non-expert but tried-and-true (lots) opinions.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:24 pm

Very enjoyable lunch today. Had the frites with curry, mayo & sweet lavender syrup as dipping sauces. Also enjoyed the mushrooms in puff pastry (sorry I have forgotten the correct name). 2 ramekins with a baked phyllo type crust, underneath slivers of mushrooms, lentils, cheese?. Very good. Ate at the bar and Kelsey took great care of me. Was nice to say Hi to Krista and chat with her. Good crowd in the place when I left. Also good to see you John & Annie.

Thanks Roger for finally relieving me of the drive to Indy for my Brugge Brasserie fix. Your place is great and I look forward to many happy meals there. Head on over folks and enjoy.
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

by John Hagan » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:26 am

Had a fine time enjoying mussels and frites. The selection of dipping sauces was really quite varied,hard to pick a favorite. One that did stand out among the others was a clear and almost water looking. While I cant put my finger on exactly what all was in it, the predominate flavor was lavender. I wish it had been a bit warmer outside so the garage doors could be opened up. As I suck at writing, Ill try to upload a couple pics. Ed,good to see you as well.
Attachments
IMG_2278.JPG
IMG_2278.JPG (132.75 KiB) Viewed 4216 times
IMG_2275.JPG
IMG_2275.JPG (129.82 KiB) Viewed 4217 times
IMG_2274.JPG
IMG_2274.JPG (125.02 KiB) Viewed 4217 times
The tall one wants white toast, dry, with nothin' on it.
And the short one wants four whole fried chickens, and a Coke.
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

by John Hagan » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:31 am

Just wanted to add one more pic. Jared the brewer and Tap room Rob(mega beer nerd).
Attachments
IMG_2282.JPG
IMG_2282.JPG (104.38 KiB) Viewed 4210 times
The tall one wants white toast, dry, with nothin' on it.
And the short one wants four whole fried chickens, and a Coke.
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:42 am

Sorry I couldn't be there to say hello, guys. I had to take some time to play catch-up, i.e., finally sitting down to organize the family reunion that it's my turn to host this July. There'll be other times! Thanks to all the forumites who've come over during the first week.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
Previous