Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Houston's

no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Houston's

by Andrew Mellman » Fri May 04, 2007 7:14 am

Drove by the old Camelot Center yesterday. It's being totally remodeled and upgraded, and there's a sign out that the Houston Restaurant Group is bringing in a restaurant there! I've been to one in NYC, and this could be a good thing - it's a chain, but in the way Myriad Restaurant Group opened Proof, somewhat less expensive but that quality level.
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Houston's

by Robin Garr » Fri May 04, 2007 7:52 am

andrew mellman wrote:Drove by the old Camelot Center yesterday. It's being totally remodeled and upgraded, and there's a sign out that the Houston Restaurant Group is bringing in a restaurant there! I've been to one in NYC, and this could be a good thing - it's a chain, but in the way Myriad Restaurant Group opened Proof, somewhat less expensive but that quality level.

Wrong Houston, Andrew. This is Louisville's Houston Jones, who consults restaurants and has been involved in such ventures as the original Indigo (now Rick's Ferrari Grill), Pig City BBQ, briefly with Prospect Seafood, and a few other shorter-lived ventures.

Somewhere out there in our joyous anarchy there's an earlier thread about this.
no avatar
User

Neal M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:37 pm

Louisville

by Neal M » Fri May 04, 2007 12:46 pm

That's good news Robin! A Houston's restaurant would do little for the area compared to another Ricks / Indigo type place.
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Agree with Neal

by Bill Veneman » Sat May 05, 2007 7:45 am

Having lived in Nashville for a number of years, I was exposed to Houston's on West End.....only went a few times, and could definalty find more bang for my buck elsewhere.....in my opinion, it is just another overpriced fern bar. :?
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.