Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

The Danny Mac lowdown

no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

The Danny Mac lowdown

by John R. » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:42 am

I tried it yesterday. MMM good and ROCKS!!! did not come to mind as it did with others opinions. The words "it's ok" came to mind. Has a tangy sauce that I don't know if I like or dislike. If it were in the Za's, Rich O's, and Windy City price ranges, our relationship would end. Since it is fairly cheap, I will patronize them again.

I wouldn't mind them broadening their topping possibilities. They have a very basic topping menu. I like to see stuff like sun dried tomatoes on more menus. That has nothing to do with their flavors though.

This is an edit. I forgot to rate them. I would say they are really close to Tony Boombozz status. A couple steps below. They are better than the big chains. I did take a liking to their hand tossed crust.
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:57 am

Everyone has an opinion. However, I disagree. I agree with Robin, he's not the king of pizza but it's good.

I can say, I'd put the cheesesteak above the pie, I will for sure be back for the cheesesteak. If you say it is just "ok", then something just ain't quite right with your taste buds :lol:
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:07 pm

Trust me, "it's ok" is good coming from me. But I have to throw all of the pizza places in Louisville into the mix and it just came out a little above the average for me. I liked the cost and it's close to me, so they will get more money from me.

I think the "he's not the pizza king but it's good" is the more positive way of saying what I said.
User

Danny Mac

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:46 pm

1567 South Shelby Street

King of pizza?

by Danny Mac » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:18 pm

I love all the talk about my place. I just wanted to jump in on this "king" thing. I never claimed to have the "King of pizzas", but my pizza does ROCK!! I always have a thin crust pizza with sausage , onions and pepperoni...something about the onions popping with taste in that sauce? I also eat the Philly Steak...all of my friends and the people in the neighborhood are tripn on that. I like owning my own store. I can keep improving myself by listening to you people......Maybe one day I will wear that crown? 8)
User

Clay Cundiff

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:54 am

by Clay Cundiff » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:52 pm

It's pretty good pie. I'm a big fan of flavorful thin crust pizzas with a good balance between crust, cheese, sauce and toppings, and Danny Mac's thin crust fits the bill. Ane the prices are VERY reasonable. I rate it well ahead of any of the chains in town, and right up there with my favorite independent places.
User

Joe C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:50 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: King of pizza?

by Joe C » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:29 pm

Danny Mac wrote:I love all the talk about my place. I just wanted to jump in on this "king" thing. I never claimed to have the "King of pizzas", but my pizza does ROCK!! I always have a thin crust pizza with sausage , onions and pepperoni...something about the onions popping with taste in that sauce? I also eat the Philly Steak...all of my friends and the people in the neighborhood are tripn on that. I like owning my own store. I can keep improving myself by listening to you people......Maybe one day I will wear that crown? 8)

Danny,
Are you originally from Louisville? The Northeast? The thin crust points towards NY/NJ area.
I'll have to try the pie - love a thin floppy crust

Joe from Jersey
Live to Ride, Ride to Eat!
User

Danny Mac

{ RANK }

Foodie

1567 South Shelby Street

From Jersey?

by Danny Mac » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:59 pm

Nope.....I am born and raised in Louisville. I have had people from NY/New Jersey try our pizza. A couple from one of the hotels I deal with. They called back and said it was the 2nd best pizza he ever had.lol :lol:
User

Joe C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:50 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: From Jersey?

by Joe C » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:45 pm

Danny Mac wrote:Nope.....I am born and raised in Louisville. I have had people from NY/New Jersey try our pizza. A couple from one of the hotels I deal with. They called back and said it was the 2nd best pizza he ever had.lol :lol:

I am intrigued! Can't wait to try it.
Do you make your own sausage?

Joe
Live to Ride, Ride to Eat!
User

Danny Mac

{ RANK }

Foodie

1567 South Shelby Street

Make my own sausage?

by Danny Mac » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:40 am

Nope....I don't make my own sausage. I took my time testing all kinds of products b4 I opened. I feel like I picked all the best ingredients that most people would enjoy. I have a very strong menu for a lil guy.lol 8)
User

RebeccaWebb

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:54 am

Lexington, KY

web site

by RebeccaWebb » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:37 am

This post does not pertain to the food at Danny Macs ... while I would love to try it, there are several spots on the list first.

I like looking at web sites and while I was looking at all the people who have signed up for the forum, I clicked on Danny Mac's website. I found it VERY difficult to read. The font is small and italicized, white bold on black, and as you scroll down the page, a background image stays and further interfers with reading.

I do like the concept with the haed-banging music, even it I don't particularly like the music (just a personal) ... However, it reminds me of when I am in an Old Navy or Gap store ... I can't stand the loud music blaring at me constantly and end up leaving before looking over everything. Same is true for the web site ... I only spent about a two minutes before leaving. Sure, I can turn my volume off or down when 'm on the web site but if you don't have the option built in (sorry, I didn't look), you may want to add the option to turn the music off on the main page. I will go back again but thought I'd give an "first impressions" feedback.

I will put Danny Macs on my list of "new places to try!"

Thanks!
Rebecca Phillips Webb
User

RebeccaWebb

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:54 am

Lexington, KY

by RebeccaWebb » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:07 am

ok -- I went back and spent a couple more minutes on the page this time. I found out you can change the music I chose "On top of spaghetti -- my 4 yr old is learning the song so he will enjoy it). I scrolled down to where the menu was and that was very easy to read ... red on black and font is ok.

So, the problem exists on the top part of the page ... if I concentrate, I can read the white lettering. The left side of the page is just TOO busy ... things flashing back and forth, spinning, and the background logo (great idea but you can't read the stuff on top then). Other nit-picky note ... the spinning credit cards everywhere is too much.

IMHO ... if you want a great website (like a great pizza) ... hire someone to do it. If you are near campus, see if you can incorporate on-line ordering ... just a thought as to your target audience.

A great saying to live by as a business owner ... "Sell your strengths, buy your weaknesses."

Hope you don't mind all the feedback I've given. :?
Rebecca Phillips Webb
User

Danny Mac

{ RANK }

Foodie

1567 South Shelby Street

Website blues....

by Danny Mac » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:54 pm

I just made the one site that is black and rocking one night after reading everyones stuff about my place...They were joking about Danny Mac's ROCKS!!!!.lol Everyone thinks a business owner has big money to do these things. I barely had enough to start up. I can make good food but i'm not much on web design. I know all of you are trying to help and believe me, I appreciate all the help.I have a page that is safe for all mind-kind. It is very simple. I will put the link at the bottom.

[http://www.louisvillemojo.com/Gallery/Gallery.Cfm?GID=36243

Thanks again cyber-angels!! 8)