Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

korean restaurants?

no avatar
User

Ellen White

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:00 pm

st. matthews

korean restaurants?

by Ellen White » Wed May 02, 2007 8:30 am

I just realized the other day that I have never tried Korean food. What and where are the best Korean restaurants in town? I live in St. Matthews, and I'm trying to avoid driving too far. Is there any place on Bardstown Road or environs?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: korean restaurants?

by Robin Garr » Wed May 02, 2007 8:38 am

Ellen White wrote:I just realized the other day that I have never tried Korean food. What and where are the best Korean restaurants in town? I live in St. Matthews, and I'm trying to avoid driving too far. Is there any place on Bardstown Road or environs?

Ellen, Arirang in Middletown (which is Korean and Japanese, but run by Koreans) is probably closest to you, but unfortunately, it's not quite up to the other two local Koreans in my opinion, although it's okay, and the people who run it are nice.

The two top spots for Korean, I think, are Lee's, which looks like a coffee shop but is actually ethnic Korean, located on the main floor of the Watterson Towers building just off the Watterson Expressway at Newburg Road; and Koreana II, which is in a small shopping center in the northeast corner of Preston Highway and Gilmore Lane, not too far out from the Watterson. This neighborhood is worth a visit, as you're also in close reach of the tiny Chez Seneba, currently Louisville's only Senegalese West African restaurant, and Rosticeria Luna, one of my favorite tiny ethnic Latino spots, a replica of Colombia's El Pollo Loco. There's also a nice Asian market in the same parking lot with Koreana, and the big Da Hwa Asian market is just a little way on out the strip, which also contains one of the city's largest concentrations of taquerias and Thai Smile V.
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Wed May 02, 2007 10:34 am

If ever down Radciff way there is a very good Korean reastaurant called Korean Delight. It is on the north side of Radcliff on Dixie between KY 2214 and Redmar Blvd. Doesn't look like much but the food is very good.
no avatar
User

Casey J.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:39 pm

Elizabethtown + Prospect

Autumn Garden

by Casey J. » Mon May 07, 2007 9:28 pm

I saw Korean Delight was mentioned, so we went tonight to give it a try. The had 4 or so employees in a very small dining area, cutting vegetables and smoking like freight trains. We decided to go elsewhere.

We tried Autumn Garden Korean/American food on Wilson Rd. in Radcliff. (across from the new Wal-mart) It was fantastic. The place is small and very clean. The food was excellent and the owner was very nice and informative. We had 2 bottled waters, a very large Yaki Man Do appetizer, a chiken dish and a beef dish. All of this was under $20.

They bring to every table, several small dishes of marinated veggies and some very spicy Kim Chi.

We will be back very soon !!!