Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Martin L

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Kaelin's Restaurant's last night tonight.

by Martin L » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:21 pm

I remember, at a senior meeting, The House of Ruth Benefit, in it's Second year, being brought to the table.
It was quickly dismissed as an unrelated cause for the Bristol to be involved. I found that to be an incredulous position to hold, having their start-up business to have been supported by a large constituency of homosexuals at that time of business!
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:35 pm

Don't worry. Robin will return, and Martin L. will go away.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:37 pm

It looks about time to bid a fine fare-thee-well to Mr. Martin L.
no avatar
User

Martin L

{ RANK }

Just got here

by Martin L » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:45 pm

I doubt it. Robin has always been an non-advocate for the arrogance of the Bristol. In fact, I should say he has disdain.
no avatar
User

Martin L

{ RANK }

Just got here

by Martin L » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:16 pm

I remember that time, at the Bardstown Rd. Bristol, the floor drains backed up, we were all in sewage, and the word was to keep on going. Egregious, it was, to play against that, which, the Health Department defined as regulatory.
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:21 pm

All right -- not that it's my job to point out the obvious to the dude who lacks (a) comprehension and (b) manners, but listen Martin, a thread about Kaelin's isn't the place to indulge your Bristol itch. While I'm sure that later, all these posts will be gone, for now, if you wanna start a Bristol thread, start it. Hijacking this one is boorish, not to mention doltish.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Martin L wrote:I doubt it. Robin has always been an non-advocate for the arrogance of the Bristol. In fact, I should say he has disdain.

I wouldn't be so sure. You are correct in that Robin is open minded about what happens in this forum and seldom will intervene. However he, like the rest of this do not enjoy ignorant posts that have nothing to do with the subject at hand and are only intended to raise the ire of other forum members. This is especially true from someone new, unless you are actually someone who has gotten banned in the past for the same problem.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Martin L

{ RANK }

Just got here

by Martin L » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:52 pm

It would be serendipitous to find yourself happy and non-egocentric enough to have a non-controlling conversation on this website. I have been reading your petty conversations for some time. While I know you are all fine people, please step away from the notion that you are the most to be heard.
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

by Jeremy J » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:39 pm

RE: the recession, not our fiesty, shit-talking "friend"

The important thing to remember, is that even with all the bad news, and recession fear, the bulk of us have NOT lost our jobs. Sure, tips are down for me, and maybe bonuses are smaller for some, but really most of us are making exactly the same amount of money and are not in danger of losing our jobs. The thing I've heard the most on NPR is that for the most part people are actually fine, and fear of spending money is the biggest issue in this economy. It's a fear based on sensationalist news coverage, and it's making everything MUCH MUCH worse.

Go out to eat this week!
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Jeremy J » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:43 pm

Martin L wrote:It would be serendipitous to find yourself happy and non-egocentric enough to have a non-controlling conversation on this website. I have been reading your petty conversations for some time. While I know you are all fine people, please step away from the notion that you are the most to be heard.

also- Just using some multi-syllabic words doesn't make you an authority of anything. Your attitude also makes you an ass. You might consider earning a position of some respect before talking a bunch of shit. I frequently get in discussions/arguments with everyone on this board, but we've all spoken enough on this board to give each other a bit of due credit. Don't expect to start saying nasty things out of the blue without a good amount of skepticism. Start a thread if you have an issue. Make a cogent argument. From what I can tell you're just trying to start a fight.
no avatar
User

Martin L

{ RANK }

Just got here

by Martin L » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:54 pm

t would be serendipitous to find yourself happy and non-egocentric enough to have a non-controlling conversation on this website. I have been reading your petty conversations for some time. While I know you are all fine people, please step away from the notion that you are the most to be heard.
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Jeremy J » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:59 pm

Jeez....at least you could learn to master cut and paste!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Martin L wrote:t would be serendipitous to find yourself happy and non-egocentric enough to have a non-controlling conversation on this website. I have been reading your petty conversations for some time. While I know you are all fine people, please step away from the notion that you are the most to be heard.

Buh-bye, Martin. We barely knew ye.

Guillotine drops
User

Melissa Richards-Person

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 pm

The 'burbs of the Ville

by Melissa Richards-Person » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:03 pm

Hallelujah....
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:16 pm

Well, I'm not sure how this got mixed up - I don't know who Will talked to, and I don't know who posted this sign, but Michelle at Consuming Louisville went by Kaelin's today, and there was an explanatory sign in the window: http://www.consuminglouisville.com/2009 ... -closi.php

We need to get to the bottom of this, and possibly change this thread title. Will, did you get the name of whoever you talked to?

And somebody said it's being remodeled into an Italian restaurant? Forumites, please make "form of a private detective" and find out! Post your findings here!
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
PreviousNext